Went from hip hop to latin reggae,punk to now this......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Meh, the EDM scene has gone mainstream thanks to skrillix.
It was so much better when it was underground 2 years ago.

EDM scene underground two years ago....how about 15 years ago.

Even though DJs are cashing in on working with popular music there is still some quality production being done. Some of my recent favorites...

watch

watch

watch

EDM scene underground two years ago....how about 15 years ago.

Im aware it was much bigger 15 years ago then it was now, and i have alot of friends who were deep into that scene. Its remained underground for quite sometime, and was at its peak within the pass few years. With Dubstep becoming so much more "known", its brought the wrong crowd into the scene and had become one giant money pit just like every other fad.

It'll pass soon enough, just like every other fad does.

Look into:

Glitch Mob
Sub Focus
Pendulum
Ephixia
Pretty Lights
Zedds Dead
Obsidia
Project 46
Matduke
Arion
Varein
Neilio
Stephen Walking
Kill The Noise
Crystal Method

Granted I've been into electronic music for a long time, but within the last year and a half been into dubstep as kind of a guilty pleasure. Recently a friend of mine coerced me into going with him to a dubstep specific club in Providence - in the basement of a dude-bro-guy-gangsta hip hop/top 40 club. I NEVER go to clubs, but tagged along anyway. Had an amazing time and saw some promise to the scene. Two DJ's mixing/MPC'ing their own mixes to lots of old-school and new dubstep/D&B and house.

Back