Went to Decatur Island Yesterday...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

|Chaz|

VIP
So, yesterday Brittany and I went to Decatur Island. Her Aunt and Uncle have a "cabin" on the island and we went to visit them there because they invited us to. Just to GET on the island, you have to be invited or be a property owner there is a private 50 person or so ferry that takes people to and from (about a 45 minute ride). Once we got onto the island, it was just this little 7 or 8 boat dock. When you first pulled up you could see a few "cabins" on either side of the small cove area. I'd say the cove was close to an 1/8 mile long to probably an 1/8 of a mile wide.

Anyways, when you first pull up you see the building straight ahead, slightly out of site is the golf-kart shack where everyone has their personal golf karts parked. Then there is the mini-library dead center on the hill.

We got off the ferry and started walking up the hill and her Uncle met us halfway up the hill with his golf kart. Then he drove us up about a mile or so to their "cabin."

When we pulled up to it, there wasn't much to it at first. It is a flat backed "cabin," with no real distinguishing features. A window for each room. Once inside though, the entire front of the cabin is windows. It overlooks Puget Sound and literally sits on the bluff. I'd guesstimate it at 1500 sq ft. Everything inside was high quality, superior woodwork, specialty wood floors, all of their furniture and stuff super nice. Their daugther has a climbing wall built into her room that goes up to the loft. The bedrooms have the lower sleeping level and a loft with regular height ceilings and a ladder on the wall to reach the lofts.

They have a 32' boat that they can commute from Anacortes to the island parked in the cove.

Apparently this is how "the other half" live. They have a 10 million dollar house in the Highlands in Seattle. Stewart, her Uncle has a Porsche GT3. He rides a Ducati 1098S. He also drives a 2012 Escalade, the Aunt also drives one, their son drives one, and once their daugther is 16, I'm sure she'll also drive something just as nice.

I guess he does something fairly important for Microsoft, I'm not particularly sure. I know he also holds some bicycle patents of some sort, I'm not positive on those either.

I'll upload some pictures later. I can't even IMAGINE living this way.

I keep telling Brittany she needs to cozy up to these people, they are her relatives. They only reason that she's not closer to them is because her Mom hates the Aunt, which is a shame, because they seemed like such a nice family. Her Mom hates everyone though. Her Mom is alright, but fuck, she is one of the dumbest broads I've ever met. Not that I don't like her or anything, but she is an idiot.

Brittany's Aunt and Uncle did pay for her to get braces a few years back so I don't see how they wouldn't want her to be in their lives at least more than she is now. This is the first time she's really even seen them in close to 3-4 years.

Talk about alienating yourself from the wrong people. You don't know your relatives are too busy to see you unless you ask. Just wish she would try and see them more often.

Hah.

They say there is more millionaires that own homes in the san juans than any other area in the world. Not many of them live there full time. Some of the islands go full uninhabited 6 months out of the year like Pearl Island. No registered people living there, just islands with a bunch of ridiculous homes.

I believe it, I had never realized it but I definitely believe it. There are some gorgeous houses there. Wish I had the ability to make money like that.

All my relatives are in Minnesota and they're all a bunch of fucking cow tippers.

Last edited:
in 2 years, ditch brittany and date the now 16 year old. lol

I believe it, I had never realized it but I definitely believe it. There are some gorgeous houses there. Wish I had the ability to make money like that.

All my relatives are in Minnesota and they're all a bunch of fucking cow tippers.

Do something new and monetize it. I want to do this, eventually I'll quit selling my soul and get it together but right now paying my bills is what I got in me.

Right now I'm climbing the corporate ladder. aka. I wear knee pads to work. I'm on the verge of another promotion/raise, and I can see why people do it. You kill yourself for a bit more money. I worked yesterday on memorial day, I was the only one on my floor.

Back