Went to the Junkyard today...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MaaseyRacer

Well, I went to the junkyard today, and this is the first time I have ever gone to one and had good luck finding stuff I wanted. I got a set of rear brakes, and trailing arms off a 95 Integra. I am going to slap them on my EF if I can (not sure if they will fit I know 2g integras will?), If they do not fit my buddy is going to buy them from me to slap on his hatch. Regardless they were $104 with tax. Then While I was pulling the brakes off I noticed that the Integra had a seat that was in good condition, so I asked how much it was, and when told me $15, I bought it. I think I can get it in the EF with minimal modification too. So for 15 bucks I got me a temporary seat until I can afford some recaros or something like that. I spent $120 bucks today, and now all I need is some stainless steel brake lines, and some 90 integra E-Brake Cables.
DSCN0015.JPG

DSCN0016.JPG

One last thing I know this is in members lounge, but does anyone know if the anti-lock brake shit is going to give me any hastles?

Originally posted by Airjockie@Nov 16 2004, 05:17 PM
Great score dude.. :)
[post=417825]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

I think you'll be fine on the ABS stuff. If your car doesn't already have ABS, the rear brake setup doesn't really matter. It's not like your car is going to all of a sudden wake up and decide that it wants to freak out because you put ABS compatible parts on it. :)

damn you got a helluva deal on that stuff. that seat is in DAMN good shape. and for $15, you basically stole that from them from the looks of the condition. congrats on the new stuff. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Calesta+Nov 16 2004, 03:19 PM-->
Airjockie
@Nov 16 2004, 05:17 PM
Great score dude.. :)
[post=417825]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

I think you'll be fine on the ABS stuff. If your car doesn't already have ABS, the rear brake setup doesn't really matter. It's not like your car is going to all of a sudden wake up and decide that it wants to freak out because you put ABS compatible parts on it. :)
[post=417847]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah I was more or less going to see if I could remove the little sensors or whatever they are easily, otherwise I am just going to install the phuckers and run them with cut wires. Should not make a difference as far as I can tell.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Nov 18 2004, 08:30 AM
i know why the seat was 15 bucks... there is a spooge stain on it!
[post=418701]Quoted post[/post]​

Lol, that is some uhhhh... Dust, yeah, dust from my driveway. I cleaned the seat off and then I set it down, on top of some tools and in the process of picking it up to get the tools I dropped it and now I have to clean it again. I just am too lazy to do anything about it right now.

no, you can put the ABS parts on your non ABS car, and it will work like normal. 3 out of 4 of my hubs on my car are from an ABS car (2 knuckles, and one rear trailing arm) no problems here.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Nov 22 2004, 07:09 PM
no, you can put the ABS parts on your non ABS car, and it will work like normal. 3 out of 4 of my hubs on my car are from an ABS car (2 knuckles, and one rear trailing arm) no problems here.
[post=420709]Quoted post[/post]​

shit your 3/4 of the way to an abs car

Back