Went to visit a friend in TX...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScrapinSi

I went to texas this week to visit a buddy, and what a great time to do a photo shoot with the new camera!! Tell me what you think. Camera is an Olympus C4000 Zoom, courtesy of Alexander, and most of the pics were taken freehand.

rollin5.jpg

rollin9.jpg

rollin11.jpg

rollin10.jpg

rollin15.jpg

rollin16.jpg

rollin17.jpg

rollin3.jpg

multiple1.jpg

The following pics don't look as good because I saved them with too much compression.
boost.jpg

bov2.jpg

brakes.JPG

console2.JPG

grille.JPG

rollin.JPG

valve_cover.jpg

shift.jpg

rsm.JPG

sr20det.JPG

knob2.JPG

What do you think? I'm learning this camera pretty quick, but have lots more to learn.

Yes it has an SR20... And yes I broiled a set of tires off of it last night. When I say Broiled, I mean through the treads clean off of them. :)

Nice. I've got the same camera- looking to upgrade though. Where in Texas were you?

San Antonio... Looking to upgrade? Wanna sell yours? How much? I might be interested in buying a 2nd one... :)

I actually have the c-3000 here. It's a few years old, and now it has been passed on to me. Its a really good camera.

Mike, if your looking at upgrading, look at the Canons. My parents have the 5.x megapixle one. It has SOO many diffrent features on it. Very user freindly too.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi+Oct 21 2004, 02:01 PM-->
San Antonio... Looking to upgrade? Wanna sell yours? How much? I might be interested in buying a 2nd one... :)
[post=405691]Quoted post[/post]​

I might- but I need a bit more cash first so I can buy the next one up. Mine does have a 4 year Circuit City extended warranty on it though- that helps the value a bit. :)

asmallsol
@Oct 21 2004, 03:58 PM
I actually have the c-3000 here. It's a few years old, and now it has been passed on to me. Its a really good camera.

Mike, if your looking at upgrading, look at the Canons. My parents have the 5.x megapixle one. It has SOO many diffrent features on it. Very user freindly too.
[post=405738]Quoted post[/post]​

I've also got a C-3000 also that I definitely need to get rid of. It's missing the lens cap and has a few dead pixels on the pickup, but it still takes pretty good pictures.

I've been looking at the Canon cameras- they're definitely one of the brands that's at the top of my list.

Originally posted by Calesta+Oct 21 2004, 03:45 PM-->
Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Oct 21 2004, 02:01 PM

I might- but I need a bit more cash first so I can buy the next one up. Mine does have a 4 year Circuit City extended warranty on it though- that helps the value a bit. :)

asmallsol
@Oct 21 2004, 03:58 PM

[post=405738]Quoted post[/post]​

I've also got a C-3000 also that I definitely need to get rid of. It's missing the lens cap and has a few dead pixels on the pickup, but it still takes pretty good pictures.

I've been looking at the Canon cameras- they're definitely one of the brands that's at the top of my list.
[post=405762]Quoted post[/post]​

Definiatly invest in an SLR, they are SOOOO nice. My friend has one and it is the nicest digital camera I've ever seen. It takes pictures faster than a film camera. I've always prefered analog cameras, but if I were to get a high quality digi, it would have to be SLR.

ummm how the bout the carhere.....that thing is very nice and super clean. nice fuckin ride. Oh ya and the camera takes nice pics to

Originally posted by ScrapinSi+Oct 21 2004, 05:05 PM-->
Well you just let me know... :) Remember this... I paid $200 for this one... ;)
[post=405771]Quoted post[/post]​

Ah, way too low for me. I'll eBay it for more than that without any problems. :D I'll sell you the C-3000 for way less than $200 though if you're interested in it.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Oct 21 2004, 06:06 PM
Definiatly invest in an SLR, they are SOOOO nice. My friend has one and it is the nicest digital camera I've ever seen. It takes pictures faster than a film camera. I've always prefered analog cameras, but if I were to get a high quality digi, it would have to be SLR.
[post=405811]Quoted post[/post]​

That's probably the next step for me- something a little more professional grade than the C-4000... but then I would have to get another mini-camera that I can carry with me everywhere. They're both still pretty far down on the list of things I really have to get. The 4000 will serve me fine for now.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Oct 21 2004, 06:56 PM
really nice... if you want to spend $1k.
[post=405845]Quoted post[/post]​

Sounds about right for a good digital SLR setup plus lenses. One of my very good friends picked up a nice Canon SLR about a year ago, and he's moving into professional photography as a paying hobby. So far he's gotten on a few CD covers, and he's had at least two photographs published in some pretty big magazines. I think one of them was almost a full page spread of Sheryl Crow in Texas Monthly magazine.

driver1
@Oct 21 2004, 07:08 PM
ummm how the bout the carhere.....that thing is very nice and super clean. nice fuckin ride. Oh ya and the camera takes nice pics to
[post=405852]Quoted post[/post]​

Yup, back to the car. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Calesta+Oct 21 2004, 04:45 PM-->
ScrapinSi
@Oct 21 2004, 02:01 PM

[post=405762]Quoted post[/post]​

i have the cannon powershow a80. very badass camera! takes video as well!

Originally posted by 90 accord@Oct 22 2004, 01:58 AM
i have the cannon powershow a80. very badass camera! takes video as well!
[post=406032]Quoted post[/post]​

the Vid part is nothing new. Mine takes videos. They arn't the best quailty, but it does it. With my parents cannon, the vids are alright. When I go to my next digi cam, it will have a manual focus/zoom.

The only downfall to the C4000... No manual focus/zoom...

PM me with a possible price on the c3000, what it comes with, and whats wrong with it... :)

But back to the car... Yeah, its fun, pimp, and just NASTY.... :)

More problems with the 4000, but they mostly stem from the price bracket that it falls in. PM on the way.

Back