WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cavrx

Ok i got a sohc zc and im am more than happy with it performance wise. its made a nice touch to my crx. What i'd like to know is would it be worth it to put a vtec head on the block. If so what types of gains can i expect and what head do i use? i was told the y8 would be best to use since it would boost compression.
And if i do this head swap what ecu do i need? Right now i got the pm7 i think its out of an integra. Or do i just get a vtec controller?

Any info from you guys would be appreciative. If it wasnt for this site my car would'nt be where it is today. :D

Search "mini-me" here on HondaSwap and everywhere else too- it's a very common engine combination.

The Y8 head would give you the best compression boost, but you can always swap the pistons to something more aggressive. I would recommend the Z6 or Y8 head and a set of DOHC ZC pistons. That will take your compression up to 12.0:1 (Z6) or 12.6:1 (Y8), assuming you use a stock size head gasket. Run that setup, drop in a nice cam, and you'll have a very quick cheap ride.

Your stock ECU will be fine, as long as you use something like a VAFC to control your VTEC and take care of your tuning.

Thanks for the info just what i wanted to know. thats why i love this site fast and speedy service!!!

Back