What Can I Do ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Restal

Hi

I have Civic 92 LX. Some friend tell me to buy a d16Z6 and do port polish head and 3 angle seat valve. I think is good but is not the best I can do for my NOS kit(dry 50hp).

I need to know what is the best swap for lower price for use my NOS and longest life motor ???

Thank you !!

well a sohc vtec isnt a bad engine, but wont give u anypower in a 4 door without the nos on 24/7. the best bet would be to buy a b18b1 and drop the nos on it. the added torque will easily get the LX moving quickly and with a 50 shot of nos, u should be near the low 14's with good driving. the b18b1 will be a little more expensive than the z6 but is alot better for ur LX in the long run.

:werd:
b18 is an awesome motor, been running it in my integra and can't wait to see what it'll do in my crx.....

btw u can find a b18a out of a junkyard pulled out for around $300...at least that's what they go for in my area...w/tranny $400....

just make sure that you get one with a hydraulic tranny, cable tranny in a hydraulic chassis is to much work

Back