What do I need to beat a mustang?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by reckedracing@Aug 24 2005, 08:43 AM
Hypereutectic Pistons were added on the 93 model cars. 86-92 are fully forged internals that are actually stronger than the block sans detonation.

so what HP can you push on stock pistons?

wow... what? auto 99-04 GT's don't run 15.2s, and neither do 93 GT verts... At least not that I've ever seen. That very small difference between an auto and manual doesn't equal that kind of drivetrain power loss.

so realistically what does a 93 GT convert run in the 1/4 mile...?
stock rear gears, underdrive pulleys, 5 lug conversion, sub frame connectors, and stock motor, world class T5 trans...

IMO dump an ITR or GSR engine into that hatch, I/H/E, clutch, flywheel, suspension and tires and you'll pull on them damn near every time. (unless they're modded beyond belief)

whats beyond belief?
he's planning to run 6 pounds with an FMU
[post=544447]Quoted post[/post]​

First off running 6psi the Hypereutectic pistons will be more then fine.....

second...what Supercharger is he planning on running Kenne Bell or Procharger?

If he goes with the Procharger the kit is 8psi and about 3800 bucks for the kit...

The Kenne Bell is 6psi for like 3000

he's prolly looking at 5k easy on that job and looking at about 45% gains realistically(not advertised)...If he was smart...he would get the cheap Mr Freeze Injection kit...some of the Corvette Tuners did a few mustangs and saw some amazing results on superchargd applications ...upwards near 60rwhp just from this cheesey kit

Mr Freeze

thanks for that info...

not sure which charger, his mustang friend is upgrading and selling his for dirt dirt cheap... hence the 700 bucks as compared to your list price of about 3-4K ish

Originally posted by reckedracing@Aug 24 2005, 10:26 AM

thanks for that info...

not sure which charger, his mustang friend is upgrading and selling his for dirt dirt cheap... hence the 700 bucks as compared to your list price of about 3-4K ish
[post=544492]Quoted post[/post]​

np

anyways the 1993 came with i thnk 205hp at 4200rpm amd 275lbs tq at 3000rpm which ..if he is lucky get to 45% gains would run about 297hp at the crank and prolly around 398lb/tq ..its a pretty light car at about 3000lbs....

honestly you prolyl won;t need much to beat it

All this talk of supercharged 5.0s makes me think of my friend's Supra.

:ph34r:

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 24 2005, 10:54 AM

[post=544515]Quoted post[/post]​

pancake%20bunny.jpg

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Aug 24 2005, 12:47 PM-->
Originally posted by corvetteguy@Aug 24 2005, 10:43 AM
Battle Pope
@Aug 24 2005, 10:54 AM

**image removed cause the source's bandwidth sucks**
[post=544584]Quoted post[/post]​

My friend has an '87 Supra with a supercharged 5.0 in it.
[post=544588]Quoted post[/post]​

get the fuck out....lol....thats kind funny...hhe....how does it run?

thats fucking BANANAS!!!!

FI or carb'ed?
you got pics? times?
did he do the swap himself? is it a bolt in affair? or a lot of hacking and welding?

Originally posted by corvetteguy+Aug 24 2005, 10:57 AM-->
Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 24 2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by corvetteguy@Aug 24 2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 24 2005, 10:54 AM

**image removed cause the source's bandwidth sucks**
[post=544584]Quoted post[/post]​

[post=544588]Quoted post[/post]​

get the fuck out....lol....thats kind funny...hhe....how does it run?
[post=544592]Quoted post[/post]​

It's not running yet. Needs the wiring harness installed and a driveshaft.

reckedracing
@Aug 24 2005, 11:50 AM

thats fucking BANANAS!!!!

FI or carb'ed?
you got pics? times?
did he do the swap himself? is it a bolt in affair? or a lot of hacking and welding?
[post=544635]Quoted post[/post]​

EFI with a Vortech V1-S charger. I don't have many pics but I can get some. No times yet cause as I said it's not running yet.

He did parts of it but it was mainly Keith (same guy that did my civic's bodywork and will be fabricating on my Z project) who installed the hard stuff. Funny thing is, all he had to do was mod the trans crossmember a little, drop the steering rack about an inch, make some tie rod adapter thingys to get the steering geometry back, and make some simple mounts.

I used to rape stock-mildly modded 5.0's in my GSR EG with just intake and cat-less exhaust. And I ran 14.1 in the quarter.

I say build yourself a nice LS/VTEC setup with B16 pistons, type r cams and a LSD B16 tranny, toss it in the hatch, and fuck up his world.

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Aug 24 2005, 10:53 AM
here's an example of a pretty good driver with a 1995 cobra with time slip in nice 78 degree weather

Cobra
[post=544513]Quoted post[/post]​

I love how these import kids don't know diddly about domestics... or that I've OWNED 6 Mustangs, one which just happened to be a 1987 Mustang GT Vert on stock gears...

A 1995 COBRA that runs 14.5 in that link. That's a car equipped with GT40 heads, Cobra intake manifold, a slightly stouter cam, and if it's a hardtop 95, it weighs about as much as a 1993 Vert GT.

No, 1987-1993 (FOX4 chassis) Mustang GT's don't weigh 3000 pounds. A LIGHTWEIGHT stock panelled Mustang GT with stock wheels and tires weighs anywhere from 3200 to 3400 pounds, 'verts being 100 pounds or more heavier than their hardtop counterparts. JUST the bar that the fog lights is hung from on the GT's weighs 25 pounds over the LX models. Then be sure to add the body cladding, rear lower bumper brace and slightly nicer seats (with electric lower back support).

:shrug2:
i have yet to lose to a mustang on the street
sure there are plenty out there that are faster than me... i know they exist... i just havent personally ran into any of them
around here they all seem to be slow as fuck

Originally posted by SiR Kid+Aug 24 2005, 11:25 PM-->
corvetteguy
@Aug 24 2005, 10:53 AM
here's an example of a pretty good driver with a 1995 cobra with time slip in nice 78 degree weather

Cobra
[post=544513]Quoted post[/post]​

I love how these import kids don't know diddly about domestics... or that I've OWNED 6 Mustangs, one which just happened to be a 1987 Mustang GT Vert on stock gears...

A 1995 COBRA that runs 14.5 in that link. That's a car equipped with GT40 heads, Cobra intake manifold, a slightly stouter cam, and if it's a hardtop 95, it weighs about as much as a 1993 Vert GT.

No, 1987-1993 (FOX4 chassis) Mustang GT's don't weigh 3000 pounds. A LIGHTWEIGHT stock panelled Mustang GT with stock wheels and tires weighs anywhere from 3200 to 3400 pounds, 'verts being 100 pounds or more heavier than their hardtop counterparts. JUST the bar that the fog lights is hung from on the GT's weighs 25 pounds over the LX models. Then be sure to add the body cladding, rear lower bumper brace and slightly nicer seats (with electric lower back support).
[post=544924]Quoted post[/post]​

Sir..............1993 Lx 5.0 Vert specs

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Aug 26 2005, 12:46 AM
HERE is a much more reliable site for curb weights. The GOVERNMENT crash testing website.

Do you always believe everything the government says? :ph34r:

Originally posted by dveit+Aug 26 2005, 08:12 AM-->
@Aug 26 2005, 12:46 AM
HERE is a much more reliable site for curb weights. The GOVERNMENT crash testing website.

Do you always believe everything the government says? :ph34r:
[post=545565]Quoted post[/post]​

That reminds me of how I could hijack the thread right here and go off on a soapbox and talk about how I'm seeing recently in some young kids that it's now cool to be 'establishment', or kind of anti-anti-establishment, and that it could lead to the death of our nation if they don't grow out of it, but I won't do that. :D

About the H-swapped CRX, there's not much info on it, I don't think the owner is on RPR, but the homepage is here.

Back