what do i need to burn chips

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dok

i am new to the chipping thing i want to start chipping ecus does any one have a idea on how to do this and were to get this info from

well a generic willem eprom programmer on ebay is like 20 bucks... I recommend MOATES.net stuff, I use their autoprom to tune and datalog OBD1 domestics.

To burn chips you need a burner, duh. I'm using the Willem dual power and love it. I started with the usb Willem but it won't burn SST chips due to not having a high enough voltage from the usb connection. Burning chips is the start, but to know what you are doing you need to have a laptop and invest in a data logging cable. If you want to spend more money get a Wide band O2 sensor/meter. Or just data log the NB O2 sensor. I have not had a single problem with mapping with the NB, you just have to know that .48 volt is 14.7:1 and .85 is 12:1.

i really just want to get started i do have a laptop and was looking at moates website and saw a burner for under $100 should i get that and were do i get programes to burn i also saw that moates has a kit that has socket and chip for $15 is that good for a p28

you start with a stock program and then use a wideband o2 sensor to see where you need to go. You can get programs off of scam artists on ebay, but they are like ripped off skunk2 and jun race chips made for highly modified vehicles, so they work like crap for most people.

All you need is the chip, a program like tunerpro or wait, this is hondas so chrome, and a definition file for the ecu and chip ur working with.

get somthing with datalogging, and get an wideband 02

all u can do with a burner is reproduce chips to sell illegally. Ive had friends that did that, and they sold shit.

It almost sounds like that may be ur plan...

Back