What Do You Think Its Worth

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid hatch

Ok Just shooting this up to see what i might get for this car if i sold it.
91 Civic Hatch DX
Car is black shiny been repainted and waxed weekly
carbon fiber hood
Rota slipstreams in black 15 in w/ 205/50/15 bfg drag radials on fronts and 195/50/15 kumho's on the back
2 Corbeau Forza racing seats in red w/ black harness to match
Si guage cluster
HP racing coilovers
Koni Yellows for shocks
DC sports lower rear tie bar polished
Upper generic strut bar polished
Motor includes the following
LSvtec
81.5mm bore
Endyn rollerwave pistons 12.5:1 no problem on pump gas
Stock rods balanced
Stock crank micropolished and balanced to 10k
ARP rod bolts
ARP head studs
Cometic head gasket w/ .006 higher fire ring to have o-ring effect
all new seals water pump oil pan ect for entire motor
AEM cold air intake
Skunk2 intake manifold
Skunk2 valve springs
Skunk2 retainers
Skunk Stage 2 cams
Typer valves
Competion 3angle valve job
Ported JDM itr header w/ 2.5 collector
Full custom 2.5in exhaust w/ tenabe muffler
JUN cam gears
Type r valve cover
carbon fiber spark plug cover
MSD blaster2 coil

Transmission is a Y1 w/ new sncroys and sliders doesnt grind at all w/ phanton grip lsd unit

Car also has vafc
KVR cross drilled rotors and metal matrix pads up front as well

Car is in excellent shape nothing wrong w/it this car runs high 12's untuned have the timeslips to prove it. W/ tuning and upgraded throttle body and light flywheel car will run mid 12's w/ serious making this car light w/ stripping and fiberglass body parts this can be and 11sec car i believe

just courious on what you think its worth

waxed weekly???
does the thing have any paint left on it???

other than that, id say 4-6 grand.... depending on how bad you want to sell it

i say 3800 due to the paint that has been replaced with dyed wax....j/k it sounds like a nice all mtor setup but i still like my low 13 sec turbo D15B vtec.

nice setup, but they are right, your only supposed to wax your car when it NEEDS it, your supposed to use a POLISH weekly.

dude ive been detailing since i was 15 i know how to clean cars if you strip the wax like your supposed to you can use a cleaner wax then a glaze and then a carnuba top coat when you stip it w/ special soap you dont have anything protecting paint and needs to be done all over agian

this is what i heard....blah blah blah blah blah....oh well i now know that i know absolutely nothing about detailing...although i did work at Honda.....oh well that is my 2 cents

sounds like a really nice setup...but everybody is right, you will probably only get around 4 g's, so by selling it you will be taking a big loss....most people dont want a car with that much work put into it. Its like driving somebodys elses trophy. You should keep that car, save up some cash and buy a pos daily driver and turn the hatch into a full gutted dragster...

yeah if I was looking for a 4th gen, I would probably give you 4g's for it. Really you are better off taking out the swap and selling for like 4k to someone, and putting in a stocker motor and selling for another 2500.

Originally posted by hybrid hatch@Apr 27 2003, 01:43 PM
dude ive been detailing since i was 15 i know how to clean cars if you strip the wax like your supposed to you can use a cleaner wax then a glaze and then a carnuba top coat when you stip it w/ special soap you dont have anything protecting paint and needs to be done all over agian

Thanks chief I work in a detail shop. And doing that every week is just a plain waste of time.

to each his own i have a daily beater right now but you wont find an lsvtec swap w/ this much work done to it for under 3500 everything is like brand new in the motor plus the car is clean i will have to post pics up. I have debated on making a full drag car but i want to see about maybe competeing in sport fwd class and w/ this setup i need more stuff to do id rather go turbo in another chassis but thats another topic all together all im saying is you can barely buy a swapped crx or hatch w/ b16 for that much no offense but w/ mounts plus what swap cost to get installed and mounts youhave close to 2300 for it in the car plus the cost of the car which is clean as hell. Will someone post some pics for me if i send them to you

Back