What Do You Think This Is Worth?

• Thread starter Darivative
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 846

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D

Darivative

88 ef si red
Full gsr leather interior,arm rest,door panels.
gc coilovers
koni adj. shocks
st urethane bushings
neuspeed strut bar
ac auto technik rear strut bar
00 integra ls wheels w/new toyo t1's tires
94 legit jdm b18c swap, b16 cable trans w/lsd, clutch master stage 4 clutch and flywheel,pre obd,mugen pwo ecu,hasport mounts,hasport linkage.
kamikaze header w/2.5in. collecter
jg intake manifold
str 68mm tb
2.5in. straight pipe w/dc 2.5 exhaust
Injen 3in. short ram intake
aem cam gears
fuel regulator w/ gauge
kenwood front and rear speakers w/ kenwood cd player.

Swap has 23k original miles on it, the car has 203k on the body in mint condition, no rust etc...

It's being sold for 5,500 is it worth it?

Run a vin check on it, (check for accidents, flooding, theft ect.) And try to talk him down to 4500 then meet him in the middle with 5000.

If the comes back clean and you test drive it,and it drives good have a compression test done and like asmallsol said haggle it down to $5000 if you can.Sounds like it's a good deal,I usaully wouldn't by a car with a swap already,but if the owner is forthcoming with any info then it is probably legit.

It's actually my personal car and I was wondering if 5,500 was too much! :D
Everything is good with the car, I'm just gonna sell it cause I have a ls/vtec turbo hatch...

Originally posted by Darivative@Feb 8 2003, 04:24 PM
It's actually my personal car and I was wondering if 5,500 was too much! :D
Everything is good with the car, I'm just gonna sell it cause I have a ls/vtec turbo hatch...

If everything is right with the car,I would expect around $4500 to $5000,but be willing to go lower.Some people don't want swaps like that and it actually lowers the value.Price it around $500-$800 more than you want and let them work it down.

Yeah, everything is legit and running great. That's it for a low 13 secong car?

umm what I would do is sell it to someone that you want to have the car and is willing to pay the price. My mom's ex used to sell anyuthing to anybody but always got 500 more then actual value just because he picked thep rson that would want the car as it is. sell it to them like a dream man and you could probably get around 5G easy.

Nice choice of sarcasm! :rolleyes: My motor alone cost close to 4g's alone!

Originally posted by Darivative@Feb 8 2003, 09:23 PM
Nice choice of sarcasm! :rolleyes: My motor alone cost close to 4g's alone!

This is a 4th gen. No one will have 6500 or whatever you expect to get in cash to go buy your car, when they could buy a newer car like a 5th gen that has more swap capabilities and less wiring. Many many people would rather do it themselves b/c who knows how the car was treated. When i got my Civic, the first thing i did was look for a swap, if it had one, i would have passed it up b/c i KNOW it would have been abused i some way.

The bank isnt going to loan anyone shit for that car b/c its so old. Im not saying it isn't a nice car and you have hella money into it, but you have to take the yr into consideration. The bank will hardly loan money on a car that was made before 1995 now-a-days.

That is the bad thing about dumping shit loads of money into a car, you aren't going to get shit back out of it. They only way you will is if someone is extremely rich, or they just sold something and want an older honda b/c of the cheaper insurance.

Im not trying to be a dick, but you need to realize reality on selling a car. You go buy a new Firebird, the second it leaves the lot, it has just dropped 6k in value. IF someone can get a bank to loan the cash on that car, the payments will be more than a new car since the economy is so bad.

Good luck on selling it, but dont get mad because someone says its not worth the money, b/c it might be worth the money, but you wont get the money for it.

Again, i'm not trying to be a dick, rather enlightening you to not get upset if someone says 5k is to much.

I'm pretty positive I would get a minimum 5k for the car since the list of parts in it is over 10 grand. A ef is different,lighter,etc... and there are 9million of them floating around like the 92-95 hatch...

Originally posted by Darivative@Feb 9 2003, 03:46 AM
I'm pretty positive I would get a minimum 5k for the car since the list of parts in it is over 10 grand. A ef is different,lighter,etc... and there are 9million of them floating around like the 92-95 hatch...

No one can say what your going to get for it.Don't however,like Domeskilla said expect a whole lot,for the reasons he listed.He is right about the bank.You can tell them it has this and that and this much money in it,and they are going to tell you it is worth as much as the book says.Books don't adjust price for aftermarket add on's.They don't care if it is lighter and "different".

Like he said your going to have to find someone with money.A guy here on post shipped back to the states,had poured a TON of money into his car and had to sell it before he went back and only got about $4000 for it,because that is what the bank was willing to loan the buyer.Cash in hand is a hard thing to find in someone interested in that kind of car.Someone who has that much in hand usaully wants something a little better,good luck though you may find 'em.

Thanks for the replies! I will most likely just part the car out, since this way will make me alot more of my money back...I hope!

Back