What file-sharing program do you use?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

for individual songs its not really worth it..

This is the biggest thing i hear people whine about when it comes to torrents. Learn to use your torrent client. They all have the ability to prioritize the individual files in the torrent. You can also tell the client to not even download any of them, except for the ones you check.

Find the album with the song you want, hit download, deselect all, check the song, and go. It's that easy....

This is the biggest thing i hear people whine about when it comes to torrents. Learn to use your torrent client. They all have the ability to prioritize the individual files in the torrent. You can also tell the client to not even download any of them, except for the ones you check.

Find the album with the song you want, hit download, deselect all, check the song, and go. It's that easy....

+1.

I guess everybody missed it when I said it. Been using torrent clients for a while now, and sometimes think it's faster downloading a song through utorrent than finding it and downloading it through Limewire...

Just about anything I have been looking for I have been able to find on Limewire. If I can't find it on there, I will download it from a torrent, since you can chose the files you want to download when you select a torrent.

limewire = RIAA hideout. i wouldn't even install that on my pc if i were you, let alone use it.

werd. i solely use bittorrent and go through private torrent sites. azuerus sucks now with all that java shit (can be turned off, i know) but i especially hate vuze. the gui is all jumboed and confusing. sticking to utorrent. but given the fact i dont even download 1/4 of the stuff i used to like the movies and music have been terrible so why waste my time. i just use it for animesuki to get my fix.

with hulu, dl'ing movies is a waste of time now.

and yeah, vuze sucks. i hate it. i'm going to utorrent soon.

i know, but if i want a single song, i can usually get more sources to download that one song on file sharing programs.i usually only use torrents for single songs if i cant find it anywhere else. usually older, underground shit.

i used azureus with gaurdian and i have no complaints.
it downloads faster than anything else ive used.
i use to use bitlord.

utorrent ftw. i've had more than a hundred gigs downloading at once, like 50+ active torrents, and it still had a very small memory footprint. and it doesn't crash. or use hardly any cpu cycles. great coding! and awesome features. like a webserver interface that you can connect to.

ive downloaded around 70 gigs all at once with azerues with no problems.
ive downloaded like 200 gigs at once with bitlord.
that was when i first discovered torents and discographies.
:D
i set all the stuff to download and just left my computer on while i went to vegas for a week. lol

i was kinda worried id come home to find the fbi raiding my room or some shit.
lol

with hulu, dl'ing movies is a waste of time now.

and yeah, vuze sucks. i hate it. i'm going to utorrent soon.

Vuze has way to much bs. uTorrent is nice and simple without all the bullshit. Good choice!

i use the DownloadHelper plug-in for FireFox and rip my music off MySpace for individual songs. for albums i use the torrent site demonoid.com. ive also used this site too for individual songs: Mp3 Archive 0-9

utorrent all the way.. usually use 'isohunt' or 'piratebay' for torrents usually if its a movie or cd and you cant find it on those two its not on the internet.

Not exactly true, there are many private trackers that pre days (usually hours) before they hit those, and those releases usually come from Usenet before that. There's also some internal releases on trackers that don't make it out to publics.

Back