What Injectors!?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nicks00si

Ok I'm building an H2B, it was a project that I got off a guy who didn't have a clue what he was doing. Luckily he didn't make it too far into the project so I basically got alot of useful components for dirt cheap. Alright it's an H22A, I need to know what injectors to run in it. I believe the injectors that are in it right now came out of a b-series (that's what the guy said). My question is, what size injectors should I be running on a stock engine with bolt-ons, keeping in mind that I plan to later install an oversized throttle body with an obx IM, maybe a cam upgrade along with a ported/polished head. Can I just buy one set of injectors that will handle all of that? Both the stock engine and the mild upgrades later on down the road? I don't know alot about this so ANY info would be appreciated! Thanks guys

If you change your injectors, you need a tune. You can higher flow injectors now and tune them for lower gas inputs so u can save them for later.

H2b is a b tranny on a h block... What business do u have touching injectors?

Because the injectors that are in the motor right now are not the H22 injectors, they are off a b-series of some sort (so I was told). If I knew how to identify them I would say for sure what I've got, but I don't know what I have. Will they run the engine just fine even though they are not H injectors?

H22a injectors flow at a rate of 325lph, b series motors flow at 240 I believe, so your car would run incredibly lean

ok so how about 440cc? If I understand correctly, I could get 440cc RC injectors, tune them down for now, then if I need more later I could re-tune it to accomodate upgrades, correct? Also, there are two types of injectors am I right, the ones that pulse and the ones that just stay on for a period of time???
Thanks for your help

Yes but does 440 sound about right? or are they TOO big? My biggest problem is that I know VERY little about injector sizes in comparison with engine size/hp. I'm eager to learn, but that will take time and experience which I have very little of right now!

Ok thank you, I wasn't sure if there was a limit as to how far down you could tune them. I think 440 would be plenty big enough for the mild upgrades I may do later on. You've been alot of help, I don't have alot of time to research these sort of things during the months I'm in school.

H22a injectors flow at a rate of 325lph, b series motors flow at 240 I believe, so your car would run incredibly lean

OBDI H22 injectors are 345cc peak and hold.

The factory 345cc injectors will hold bolt on's, cams etc. If the motor is pretty much stock just put the factory 345's in there on a factory ecu. header, exhaust, and intake are not going to make that big of a difference. they will probably even hold cams and intake manifold. The next step would be to get DSM 440's. they are cheap and will more than certainly hold any mild all motor build.

I think that's what I'm going to go with, I want to eventually get a ported/polished head for it and so if I have to buy injectors I may as well buy the 440s

Back