what is an FMIC? Answered.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
I am putting a turbo from a 91 talon on my b18b powered civic. I was told to grab the injectors the turbo the bov and the FMIC, what is an FMIC? I can fab up the piping, i have access to a bender abiet not a mandrel bender. anybody have any advise i plan to run uber data, too. do i need to get anything else? plans for an intercooler are down the road. it is a 14b so I am hoping for a good setup

never heard of an itic...
neither has google when paired with 4g63, dsm, or eclipse. perhaps it was short for intercooler? dunno...

get crome. its better than uber in most people's opinions. the pro version is worth the 150 bucks if you plan to datalog.

bends, just buy some bends from jcwhitney... 180* bends on a non-mendrel machine will be useless, and you'll probably kink it.

johnny race core intercoolers are dirt cheap. get one. save you from re-bending pipe /wasting more money later on.

k, thanks. there are at least three of us on this site doing this currently i think. I am going to take lots of pictures and do the best write up of my experience.

FMIC = Front Mount Intercooler

The Eclipse/Talon uses a side mount intercooler... no front mount from the factory. A front mount would be like what you see in most aftermarket turbo setups, along with the Lancer Evolution from the factory.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 10 2005, 11:16 PM
FMIC = Front Mount Intercooler

The Eclipse/Talon uses a side mount intercooler... no front mount from the factory. A front mount would be like what you see in most aftermarket turbo setups, along with the Lancer Evolution from the factory.
[post=523822]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:
click on THIS link and look at the pictures....THats a Front mount Intercooler A.K.A. FMIC

Back