what is the best swap for my 98 accord EX 4d

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

darius mo

i have a 98 accord ex 4d. i need to do a swap. i was looking at the h22a or j30a. im more looking for easiest/cheapest swap. also heard the h22 is a drop in. what would i need in terms of extra parts ect ect. im very very new to this and have only been doing research for 6 hours. its a manual also.

If you're looking for cheap and easy, then yes, an H22 is the way to go. It's basically a bolt-in swap.

I'm pretty sure that the V6 Accords had longer front ends to accommodate the bigger engine, so it would not be a bolt-in affair.

those old v6's are garbage and didnt make power anyways, id say dohc f22 non vtec is best bang for buck and no wiring changes long as same obd generation and can reuse trans, if you have a old tired Auto car id say just drive it till it dies and save money to buy something thats got more power out of the box already or a better performance chassis, ex you spend (low side) $1500 on a swap , thats like most of the way there to get you into a integra or a newer civic thats a better performance chassis and lighter and more readily available swaps, just really depends on your goals

Well, the J-series is okay, but anything before that (like the 95-97 Accords) with V6 engines were pretty much garbage. That was the C-series I believe.

The J-series is what they still use today.

Well, the J-series is okay, but anything before that (like the 95-97 Accords) with V6 engines were pretty much garbage. That was the C-series I believe.

The J-series is what they still use today.
I was talking about the C series garbage v6's , the J series arent direct swap and require obd2 conversion , fack that it cost significantly more than the cars value to swap it

I was talking about the C series garbage v6's , the J series arent direct swap and require obd2 conversion , fack that it cost significantly more than the cars value to swap it

Well the OP does have a 98 Accord. They put a J-series in the Accord starting with that body style, so he should be able to find one with the appropriate OBD setup.

Like I said though, I think the V6 bodies had a slightly longer nose though, so probably not a bolt-in swap. For maximum ease of swappability, he should be sticking with F or H-series.

If you want to make it economic, F22 non vtec. However if you're simply looking for cheap/easy just get another F23. If you want fun, H22. To run the H22 you'll need an ecu from a 1996 Prelude VTEC because it's plug and play with your chassis and does not have an immobilizer.

Back