What is this? D15 b7 block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

faithster

hey whats up guys,me and a friend recently pulled out my blown d16z6 and decided to throw in this d15b7 came off a 92 dx hatch that was automatic,and i need help with some questions.

will my d16z6 tranny 5 speed fit on the d15b7?
And is this the automatic plate or does it come off and 5 speed clutch goes here???
and how does it come off? sorry for sounding liek such a noob but i need to know so that way i can get this project up and running,and would a turbo setup be good for this swap??

thanks
What is that circled in red and how do you take it off? or does it stay on?
yyyyyy.jpg

1209082003.jpg

1209081957.jpg

It's a torque converter...all autos have them. You have to unbolt the torque converter from the back of the flexplate; easiest access is with the engine raised up and working at the bottom. You'd have to keep rotating the crank though for each bolt. Once you get that off, the flex plate is held on by 6 bolts.

Yep, thats a torque converter

alright thanks,after this slides off,i know i need a clutch kit,but is that it??
i also got my d16z6 tranny to go with it.

It's a torque converter...all autos have them. You have to unbolt the torque converter from the back of the flexplate; easiest access is with the engine raised up and working at the bottom. You'd have to keep rotating the crank though for each bolt. Once you get that off, the flex plate is held on by 6 bolts.

Then you have to remove the flewxplate and put the manual flywheel on using the flywheel bolts. The flexplate and flywheel bolts are different. They are different lenghths.

alright well my brother works delivering car parts and he told me he gets parts for 1/3 of the price so he told me they have clutch kits for 280 but he can get it for me for 89.00,a clutch kit means ???
PRESSURE PLATE(CLUTCH COVER)
CLUTCH DISC
RELEASE BEARING
PILOT BEARING
FLYWHEEL?

am i missing something??
and should i get a stage 2 if going turbo?

thanks

Back