what needs to be done?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

d112crzy

im not a n0ob, trust me
k, im wonderin if anyone on here has done this hybrid. can someone tell me how to do it? cuz i have no clue, and this guy is sellin me his complete head w/ intake mani, for 175+shippin. and he dont know what needs to be done, so can u guys help me out man? thx

This is a swap that is VERY difficult to pull off, and so not worth the money, it's not even funny.

Do yourself a favor, don't buy that head. If you want an H-series head, get a complete swap. You'll save many headaches later down the line.

well, from what ive heard, it cost like $300-400 to make like 20 ish hp and i dont know about tq. i dont think its that much money when compared to i/h/e. all that together would give you about the same result and it would cost more. its not that hard from what ive heard, all you have to do is plug some oil drain holes that u are not neccessary for the block. and then all u gota do is get the h23 dizzy and maybe thats about it. but my question is, does anyone know what holes are the ones that need to be plugged, and how?

We've done our reading, and found that machine work has to be performed. This swap is not worth the trouble.

An H23 is about $500 at the right time. An H22 is 1000-1500 at the right time.

Why fuck around?

what machine work? i have researched a lot, and nothing about machine work has been done. ive actually talked to ppl who have done it, and its only cost like $500 at the most, and yes i can get the h23, but its more work, cuz then i would have to do some sensor work and what not, and the ppl that have done the hybrid said that it performed the same as the h23 in an accord. but the thing is that i havent got around to askin them how to do the filling on the holes that need to be plugged.
thats all i need/ want to know, i got the rest under control.

the only work that u really have to do is plug like 2 oil drain holes that u dont need with some kind of metal, and i dont know which holes those are and with what to plug them with, so pls dont tell me that its a waste of time, cuz its not.

have a blast.

There is no sensor work on an H23 to be done. The F series has lower compression, and would probably still be a 2.2 liter. You would have a DOHC low compression F series for $500. For no work at all, you could have an H series H23 with 160 hp.

I wish you the best, no hard feelings.

umm, yeah, low compression is what im goin for cuz i wanna boost later on. and just with the head swap, i would be gettin about the same results i would with the full h23. the blocks are the same, the main diff is that the f22 has iron sleeves and the h23 has some weak shity sleeves that could easyly be messed up if i put 10 psi on stock internals, while if i put 10 psi on f22 with stock internals, it would be some sick ass f engine. and it would only cost me like $300.

h23 head and intake mani-$200 from friend
$100 ish on gaskets, a new dizzy, new belt.
and like $25 for the h23 ecu for full potential. (but im not goin to buy this)

read this thread if u want some insight on the f22/h23 hybrid info

Back