What Next

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chap_e77

I have a b18c motor with the following done to set it up for turbo thinking of t3/t4 or t60-1
is there anything else that needs to be done to the internals before putting on the turbo?

sleeved block
lsd
84.5 mm wiseco pistons
skunk 2 cams stage 2
set of eagle rods
crank is balacned and polished
9:1 compression ratio
fuel injectors 440
3 way port job
titaniam retainers

Originally posted by chap_e77@Jan 6 2003, 08:23 PM
s200 hondata engine managment system.
why put back the stock cams

gsr are great cams for boost, or come crower turbo cams (ovbiously)
skunk2's stage 2's have a very large duration , which makes it ideal for all motor.

that was the only mistake mistake made, with the rest of your build i think is pretty damn good. if they aren't used i'm sure you can get a grip for them, actually i could of swore skunk2 was working on a turbo grind awhile back, i could be wrong though. either way there's a market for your cams anyways, trade them in, put your gsr's back on for now.

do you know if there is anything else i need to do? I dont want my motor to blow with all this money im putting into it. Better to do it right first so you dont haveto go back and fix it. You know what I mean.

well next i'd suggest an a/f gauge, walboro 255 lph fuel pump, and a solid engine management like hondata or aem... and have that shit fine tuned by professionals, because like i said before a guy i know owner of Dynamic Motorsports in dillsburg PA was running a full bar on his stock block LS daily, just on good tuning, and his brother is pushing 22psi on his stock b16 but also tuning, but he laughed and goes "one choke in fuel and he's over" but they have money so it doesn't matter........ well back to reality, i don't have money, and i wouldn't wanna risk it, and i doubt neither do you... you have a solid build so far, just now make sure it can deliver the fuel and you'll be fine...

You should have no problem unloading the Skunk 2's...I may know someone who wants them-he's already got GSR cams...e-mail me and I'll see what we can work out. But he's right-boost a car with NA cams and it will run like a dog :(

Doesnt Skunk 2 have some turbo camshafts? If so, it doesnt make any sense to me why their cams wouldn't work well with turbos. :huh:

Originally posted by preluderjs@Jan 7 2003, 02:18 AM
Doesnt Skunk 2 have some turbo camshafts? If so, it doesnt make any sense to me why their cams wouldn't work well with turbos. :huh:

i thought they were making a turbo grind but i can't remember, i tried looking but the site was down... either way their na arent' exactly ideal duration for boost.

Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx+Jan 7 2003, 02:51 AM-->
preluderjs
@Jan 7 2003, 02:18 AM

i thought they were making a turbo grind but i can't remember, i tried looking but the site was down... either way their na arent' exactly ideal duration for boost.

The Skunk2 turbo cams aren't out yet. The b18c1 is a good platform, but if you ran out and bought the motor, then i would have gone ls/t. The b18c1/t would have made more on the dyno, but the ls/t has more power in the usable power range.. thus, making it faster down the quarter. Unless you use turbo cut cams, then when vtec kicks in, the exhaust will stay open longer and allowing boost to go right by, without going into the engine. As it is.. go Crower turbo cams, but you will be waiting about 3 months for them.

What kind of effect do turbo camshafts have on vtec? Is there any effect or do the camshafts just shorten duration?

vtec and NA crave- moderate lift, long duration.
turbo craves - high lift, stock-like duration (or shorter depending on which cams you are comparing to)

see the link in my sig.

Back