What oil filter?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

What oil filter, 90-93 teg or 94+ Del Sol Vtec do I get for a b16a SiR 1?? Need help fast! thanks.

id recommend a honda one, they are all preety much the same for all hondas as they are the same for those two cars...however to play it super safe 94 del sol vtec or 99-00 civic si have the same motors

HONDA FILTER :) thats what im going to be using on my built gsr turbo, as soon as i get a shit load more parts, a little more knowledge, and some time ;)

I read somewhere that Fram makes Honda oil filters. I think I read it on ClubSi or Honda-Tech, I'll search for the thread and see if I can recall what it said.

ClubSi: Oil Filters

This isn't the one I read, but it says the samething, that Honda has been using Fram oil filters for years.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Mar 28 2004, 10:32 PM
I read somewhere that Fram makes Honda oil filters. I think I read it on ClubSi or Honda-Tech, I'll search for the thread and see if I can recall what it said.

ClubSi: Oil Filters

This isn't the one I read, but it says the samething, that Honda has been using Fram oil filters for years.

Nippon makes Hondas oil oilters. I promise, I get them straight from Nippon because of this and they are indentical with no Honda stamp.

Originally posted by cws13@Mar 30 2004, 12:42 PM

Nippon makes Hondas oil oilters. I promise, I get them straight from Nippon because of this and they are indentical with no Honda stamp.

honda filters say made by Fram right on the side. . .

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Mar 30 2004, 02:39 PM

That is why I stopped buying honda filters. I am now frams on my D15, and don't give me shit about it. I am running it as I am swapping the motor out in a matter of months, I do not beat on the motor, and I change the oil every 3000 miles religously. Hell I even put penzoil in the D15 :ph34r: I have no problems doing it, I pull the head off the car when I did my MPFI swap, and it everything looked as it should for a car that at the time had 100,000 miles on it. 15,000 miles later it still runs like it did when I got it, and now it is going to be swapped out. IMO the filter does not mean shit as long as it is being proven to filter, the oil means something however. Right now I am being cheap so I can live on my own and pimp my ride. I still have not decided on what my B16 will run on, I will research that later. However for something that is changed every 2 to 3 months on my car I really do not give a shit at long as it works.

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Mar 30 2004, 05:39 PM

That must be relatively recent to fill USDM parts quotas. I have been away from the dealer for a while. Fram....that blows. I still use my Nippons, they are one of the few that I have never ever seen leak or had an O-ring stick. To the people that are rolling their eyes, not everyone has nothing better to do but side line tune here, so not every thread is caught by everyone. If one topic pops up again and it is so taxing to read it, just don't post. Really, you don't have too.

NO ONE CARES!!!!! PLEASE JUST LOCK THIS THREAD!!!!!! Godamnit!!! the one thing that pisses me off the most on hondaswap is that when you try to get help everyone starts bickering about whats the best instead of answering the fucking question! I was wonderin what YEAR and MAKE to get it for, not what brand. I don't care what you guys think, I'm buying what ever my local store has. Case closed.

LOCK FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

Originally posted by ktanaka@Mar 31 2004, 07:36 PM
NO ONE CARES!!!!! PLEASE JUST LOCK THIS THREAD!!!!!! Godamnit!!! the one thing that pisses me off the most on hondaswap is that when you try to get help everyone starts bickering about whats the best instead of answering the fucking question! I was wonderin what YEAR and MAKE to get it for, not what brand. I don't care what you guys think, I'm buying what ever my local store has. Case closed.

LOCK FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

I noticed that you already had gotten one and was responding to another post, if that's allright with you fuck stick. Public forum...hmmmm :roll:

Back