what really caused the fire

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
ok, so i trailered my car to Burleson's Auto in Lufkin, who deals strictly with hondas. i was sitting outside shooting the shit with Richard (the owner), and noticed my starter was sitting weird. i reached down and picked it up.

yes. i picked it up.

my starter was broke off from the 2 mounting tabs and just hanging there.

wonder if that could have caused the fire....

and what the fuck could have caused the starter to break off?

im doing it all for $5k.

thats what my loan was for

i talked to Josh today, he's doing all the bodywork, plus replacing my trunk lid (i backed into the pathfinder a while back), fixing what was fucked up when i paid a local dude to try to shave my car, taking out all the dents/dings, putting new door handles, side mouldings, sideskirts, taillights(one of 'em's cracked), front bumper...

plus painting it PPG championship white....which has a lifetime warranty on the paint...

for around $1400.

then im gonna end up spending around $2300 on parts for my motor...

and im hoping that labor isnt gonna cost me more than $1200. im getting everything engine-wise done at Burleson's Auto. i've killed my car enough for 2004, it's time to let someone who does this for a living do this. that way if it fucks up, i take it back and say 'fix it, bitch'

well, except in nicer words :)

-i'm not sure how the starter breaking off could have caused the fire- unless, maybe the power wire to the starter arced off something and caused fuel from your leaky fuel rail to ignite? beats me

-either way, best of luck y0- i hope it turns out better this time, but why don't you go with a different color? not that i mind championship white at all, i just figured you'd wanna do something different :shrug2:

Doubt the starter would have caused anything other then maybe heat up or spark
now if you had fuel all over your motor that might have started it but that would then be caused by the leaky fuel not the starter hmmmm

if it were my car I would part the bitch out buy a 500 or less beater and save my money till I can

1. get insurance again
2. have enough money to buy a nicer car

i have the money to get insurance...i jus gotta take care of the bullshit with the lufkin pd

motherfuckers...i was NOT doing 80 in a 50....

i was doing 80 in a 55 :D

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Apr 5 2004, 10:17 PM
-i'm not sure how the starter breaking off could have caused the fire- unless, maybe the power wire to the starter arced off something and caused fuel from your leaky fuel rail to ignite? beats me

:withstupid:

Makes the most sense to me.

why the hell would you drive a car with a leaky fuel rail?

thats almost as bad as someone else i know... but atleast his leak is nowhere near where a fire could possibly happen.

eclipses are notorious for leaky fuel rails... and the coil packs are right under the fuel rail..... genious engineers eh?
lol

63t powered ones?

most mirage swappers replace the fuel rail on those cars. if its the the 63t, im gonna put 2 and 2 together.

Originally posted by civicious@Apr 5 2004, 10:24 PM
cuz the white will look dope with my carbon fiber hood and carbon fiber lip

not in a year or two. that carbon fiber is not made to put up with the kind of UV rays that a normal street car has to put up with.

th carbon fiber will change color and/or worse, it could crack. every hood i have seen that has been on a car for over a year, and wasn't painted, looks like crap.

the reason why show cars don't have to paint their carbon fiber is becasue they spend most of there time inside away from the elements.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Apr 5 2004, 11:14 PM

thats almost as bad as someone else i know... but atleast his leak is nowhere near where a fire could possibly happen.

It only leaks once in a while...I just can't smoke when I work on the rear suspention..... :ph34r:

Originally posted by Airjockie+Apr 7 2004, 02:43 AM-->
TurboMirage
@Apr 5 2004, 11:14 PM

It only leaks once in a while...I just can't smoke when I work on the rear suspention..... :ph34r:

<<<<<< takes mental note.

Back