What Should I Get?

I can't afford an Evo. What should I get?

• SRT4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SE-R Spec V

• Mazda 6 (V6)

• Keep the '94 EX and put in a B18c1 with a J

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sohcslammer

I really hate polls too but I wanted your guys input. I think I'm leaning towards the MazdaSpeed. I have yet to drive the SRT4, but I think it's ugly. I can do the swap + SC for @ $4500 installed. More like $5000 installed now that I do the math. The Mazda 6 is kewl too. I'm having a baby in like 4 months tho, so that is the reason for the 4-doors. Anything else I forgot for around 20k? The WRX is about 24k but if I was going to put myself into debt for eternity, I would go EVO. Duh.... (Jason only paid 28k. Maybe I can find a deal?) Please let me know what you think and if you have driven any of these cars. Thanx -
Shadney

Mazdas are gay and Dodges are gay. They might be fast, but its still a neon. I'd go with the SE-R V spec if i had to get a new car, but you should just keep the civic.

SE-R = Ugly
Mazda 6 = Pretty sexy
Neon = Neon, which will always be equated with extreme gheyness and unreliability

Maybe a year-old WRX? Could be had for around 20k or a little less...

I would get a wrx but becareful of the tranny. The SRT is still a fucking neon, its still a dodge. The se-rs are pretty sweet but their interiors suck and nissan never finished the back of the car, it looks like a base model form the back. You should find a used m3.

For 19K the neon isn't a bad deal. Up the boost and run mid 13's. They may be a neon and will mostly like a crankwalk issue later, doesn't mean they aren't fast. Reliability always goes down with speed, especially a 4 banger where it takes twice the work to make power. Boost adds stress to an engine, so it will blow up reguardless.

The wrx isn't bad, but yea, watch the tranny's, ppl are shelling them but the guys with auto's are buying tq converters and having an equal competative car. so you might want to go that way.

"it's still a neon" "it's still a gay ass neon" blah blah blah... knowing damn well the gay ass neon that is a DSM where it counts would walk all over your "sexy" and "cool" cars... and do so with a 7 year drivetrain warranty.

drive the neon dude. just give it a chance ;)

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@May 20 2003, 01:29 AM
"it's still a neon" "it's still a gay ass neon" blah blah blah... knowing damn well the gay ass neon that is a DSM where it counts would walk all over your "sexy" and "cool" cars... and do so with a 7 year drivetrain warranty.

drive the neon dude. just give it a chance ;)

:withstupid:

quit bitchin' 'bout the reliability when you have a 7 year/70,000 mile drivetrain warranty.

b/c your civic doesn't have a 7yr/100K mile warranty, come boosted, has very nice buckets and run 14.0 stock and with some tuning/boost controller, they have seen em run 13.2 and around lower. The cars run 14psi stock, but it jumps around, a boost controller will set it for good.

19K plus getting a chance to boost that mother fucker to death and tear it up in 7yrs/100K, well worth it to see how tough one really is. Some dodges, like the Daytona's and K cars, are ugly, but will run 10-11's on 30psi and still be streetable, b/c they dont make all out race parts for them.

As B once said.. "function over fashion" or something to that affect.

Why not just wait a little longer, save up, and get the Evo, if that's what you want. $28k? The MSRP is a few hundred less than $30k anyway...
(But if you do get it, you should get the Japanese tail lights, lol)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 20 2003, 01:10 AM
what you shoudl do, is make your girl pimp a mini van :lol:
you keep your car

:lol: Funny guy... Actually, she drives a 2001 'lude that I don't want to get rid of. (Think Type-S pistons/cams + psi) That's why I want the new 4-door. So I can have two cool, fast cars. Have you guys driven the Mazdaspeed Protege? It's boosted too, with a better brake setup, better suspension, better tranny, Racing Hart rims, SLAMMING stereo, Sparco seats, shift nob, and pedals. It's not as fast as the neon, but I was thinking of upping the boost from @ 6 to @ 8-9. Will the stock internals hold? Thanx for all the imput tho guys...

My parents got a mazda 6, and it's a pretty nice chill car, fully loaded, pretty nice....

2 things... the mazda speed protegay is not impressive at all. it took a turbo to get the same numbers as a gsr? lame.
the second thing is this, type s pistons + psi = POP ;)

Originally posted by Gen2Teg@May 20 2003, 03:29 PM
95 M3 ($15,000) + Superchagrer (+/-$5,000) = 11's :D

You people realize that I don't just have 20k laying around right? It's called FINANCE... :rant:

I'm wondering... 2LitreEG, did you pay for the new Evo or are you making payments? With 5k down, that's @ $450 a month right? (Not including insurance <_< )

i just test drove most of those cars with my friend today and also the new maxima and the vw 1.8t gti. We were both the most impressed by the GTI, the mazda is pretty stripped down for the price and they can't budge on it, the neon has the same crappy dodge interior they have been using forever and feels like it would fall apart if you beat on it a lot, the spec v was ok but after jumping in the maxima it just doesn't compare. The 6 was pimp Really for the price the 1.8t GTI really gives you the most.

Back