What size Injectors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Luke18

Hello guys,

Wasn't sure if this is the right forum or it it should be in the Engine building one.

I have a OBDII GSR. The top end is stock and the bottom end has been rebuild ... Golden Eagle sleeves, Crower Rods, CP 9:1 Pistons. The car has Thermal 3" Exhaust, and custom turbo kit. My goal is to make 500+ whp. I will getting a Hondata S200 with boost. I wanted to know what size fuel injectors and what manufacture would be best.

Originally posted by Luke18@Jun 24 2005, 02:04 PM
Hello guys,

Wasn't sure if this is the right forum or it it should be in the Engine building one.

I have a OBDII GSR. The top end is stock and the bottom end has been rebuild ... Golden Eagle sleeves, Crower Rods, CP 9:1 Pistons. The car has Thermal 3" Exhaust, and custom turbo kit. My goal is to make 500+ whp. I will getting a Hondata S200 with boost. I wanted to know what size fuel injectors and what manufacture would be best.
[post=516121]Quoted post[/post]​

If it was me, I would run 2 sets of 440 injectors, it's easier to tune I've heard.

BTW - good luck making 500 whp on a stock top end... <_<

dual injectors are gay.

860-1000cc is the range you're in. peak/hold is your only option after 750's.

oh, and screw hondata. get crome.
its free.
it actually CONNECTS for datalogging
and IMO, its just as good software wise.

Thanks for the advise. The top end will be semi-stock. It will have new springs and retainers. The cames will be stock because many have said the the stock cams will handle the hp and boost.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 24 2005, 02:44 PM
dual injectors are gay.

860-1000cc is the range you're in. peak/hold is your only option after 750's.

oh, and screw hondata. get crome.
its free.
it actually CONNECTS for datalogging
and IMO, its just as good software wise.
[post=516160]Quoted post[/post]​

Hondata connects too- what problem are you talking about?

rc injectors are good, not a big fan of the dual injectors but i have seen a few cars that run really good with them. and forget the retainers, get new valves, trust me! my friends built and boosted gsr ran fine with his apexi non turbo exhaust, but the second he ran 3" it boosted so fast and created so much instantaneous torque somethign caused the stock valve to snap clean off, fucked the head, sleeve and destroyed a je forged piston. his stock retainers outlived the valve, strange but true. you can check out the pictures in the gallery, thanx to pissedoffsol i was informed i posted in a wrong spot but temporarily they will be there. its the pics gsr head done and je piston done

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 24 2005, 05:58 PM
Hondata connects too- what problem are you talking about?
[post=516181]Quoted post[/post]​

i'm referring to that fact that hondata is gay, and takes like 15 tries to conenct, then 10 min later decides to drop it.

the blue box sucks.

had it, never again.

just because you have had problems with hondata doesn't mean it sucks. I have had it for two years now and have had little problem connecting. I datalog constantly with no problems with my s200. You just have to find a good serial/usb converter, they recomend Keyspan. Or find yourself a laptop with a serial port like myself and have no problems. Just my experience with it.....

i had 2 keyspans.

and i'm not the only one dude... IMO, you got lucky. 90% of people have the connection problems, especialyl when you have both the romulator and the datalogger going at once.

take a look at crome dude. its freakin bad ass. i like the interface better than hondata anyway.

Run water injection to kepe your combustion temps down, get major headwork and at least some 880cc injectors. RC is the only brand I would buy. Also get a nice, big fuel pump and FPR.

theres a crvtec that runs stock gsr cams with new omni power valves/springs/retainers and is puttin down 602 whp. so i think that runnin new valves/springs/retainers is the only thing the head needs and cam gears of course. and i would deffinetly go with like around 1000cc injectors to be safe if ur going for 500 whp. and for engine managment i would agree wit pissedoffsol on the crome, its frigin free.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jun 24 2005, 05:34 PM-->
i'm referring to that fact that hondata is gay, and takes like 15 tries to conenct, then 10 min later decides to drop it.
[post=516207]Quoted post[/post]​

Hmm... Ok. NONE of the cars I've tuned with Hondata ever had any connection problems.

97CTR
@Jun 24 2005, 07:47 PM
just because you have had problems with hondata doesn't mean it sucks. I have had it for two years now and have had little problem connecting. I datalog constantly with no problems with my s200. You just have to find a good serial/usb converter, they recomend Keyspan. Or find yourself a laptop with a serial port like myself and have no problems. Just my experience with it.....
[post=516241]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Back