What to do next?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jamie.EG4

Hello all,
I have recently purchased a 1992 Civic EG4, I can't remember what engine it had originally, but it has been swapped with a modified D15, a D15B2 block with a B7 head and intake with MPFI, upgraded injectors (The previous owner couldn't remember what CC), skunk2 exhaust and converted to E85.
The car runs great, but like most people, I'm greedy and want more!
What would be the next best, cost effective modifications to do?
Minime? If so, a Y8 or Z6 head?
Turbo?
Would a chipped and tuned ECU make much difference to a setup like this?
Suspension, wheels and tires already done, new brakes on order...
Just looking for a little more HP.
Looking forward to all your ideas and suggestions and thanks in advance.

lol the d15b2/7 is the stock motor for it and they only came MPFI (and no they arent upgraded injectors more than likely the car wouldnt know how to use them and on a stockish 1.5L the stock 235cc injectors are more than plenty) , 1000% car doesnt run on E85 , and IF IT WAS on e85 it would already have a chipped/tuned ecu because the pump and injectors are different and with that stock NA motor it would yeild like little to no gain... im sure you want more it might make 110-115 Crank HP on a good day , if suspension/wheel/tire is already done then id look into swapping it , a GSR swap makes more WHP than even the turbo d15 would put down , id look into a LS b18 or GSR swap, just depends of budget/goals , even a d16z6 would be a slight upgrade

lol the d15b2/7 is the stock motor for it and they only came MPFI (and no they arent upgraded injectors more than likely the car wouldnt know how to use them and on a stockish 1.5L the stock 235cc injectors are more than plenty) , 1000% car doesnt run on E85 , and IF IT WAS on e85 it would already have a chipped/tuned ecu because the pump and injectors are different and with that stock NA motor it would yeild like little to no gain... im sure you want more it might make 110-115 Crank HP on a good day , if suspension/wheel/tire is already done then id look into swapping it , a GSR swap makes more WHP than even the turbo d15 would put down , id look into a LS b18 or GSR swap, just depends of budget/goals , even a d16z6 would be a slight upgrade

Well I can tell you it 1000% IS running E85, I fill it up and have been driving it daily for the last 3 months. Over here E85 is dirt cheap and readily available.
I can tell you it is running bigger injectors and I have the stock ones too in a box in my shop.
And I should mention that this is an EU version, I don't know if there was many differences between these and the US versions but this isn't the stock engine (It may have had a D15B2 stock, but not this one anyway), stock had DPFI, it was upgraded to use the B7 head with MPFI and bigger injectors so it could run E85, I know the guy who did the conversion and I've been meaning to ask him if he did indeed chip and tune the ECU and with what tune, but with work being busy lately I haven't had the time to drive up and see him.

Euro model means nothing A and B..... idk why somebody would change the fuel system to run E85 and its cheap everywhere yes but there is no gain on that NA low hp motor , generally speaking for performance they do E85 conversions to lower intake charge temps and detonation soo can run higher boost and timing without spark knock. and even if converted to E85 again it wouldnt be "bigger" injectors because the stock ones can support much more power and fuel than the d15 can take/make . And ok.... you have a EF STD motor with a EG/EJ BASE MODEL head and mpfi conversion, that doesnt make really much if anymore power than it did dpfi just better throttle response . also again if it is running on e85 it would already be tuned and not a oem fuel pump because A the fuel pump cant handle the volume of E85 and B the ecu doesnt know what to do with E85 to make Air/Fuel adjustments... idk what you are trying to get at here but as mentioned before if you want to make more power throw the d15 in the trash and go D16/B18/B20/Kswap idc but you are going to chase your tail and be let down if you want to keep playing with the base model civic 1.5L non vtec

E85 requires 27% more fuel than gasoline for stoitiometric ratio. It makes about 5% more power. To Convert to E85 you'll need a wideband, tuneable ecu, a dyno and a tuner to figure out the timing advance, Injectors and A E85 Fuel Pump, 5 degreess across the board is just a guess but you have to increase the base timing advance/retard. You need to see the power on a dyno graph while you adjust advance to see if it's doing anything or just stressing your bearings

Back