What To Do With My Old Engine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RomeoRx2

ok so i finally got got a gsr 2 put in my car, just have 2 do a salvage inspection then i can put it in. ne way i was thinking since my 94 vx only has 75k on it i was thinking of talking my brother into buying a crx with a blown engine or something so i can rebuild my old d series so it could handle boost and put it in the crx for him. the whole point is that i always wanted to rebuild an engine my self and i would just have this one would just be lying around plus i think it would be a fun project does this sound good? or does it make any sense at all? any suggestions? like should i change the head?

thanx 4 takin the time to read the post ne ideas are much apprieated :worthy:

Boost it? I don't know about that.

But as a rebuild project it's a good idea.

What I'm looking into doing is just buying a shed and putting it in my backyard, lining the walls and roof with plastic (like garbage bag), and getting a cherry picker (this is of course because I have no garage where I live.)
Go buy an engine from the salvage yard and use that as a little shop to take apart and put back together engines just for experience.

Of course if you want to use it, more power to you. But boost on a D series DX motor... don't know about that.

i have a buddy that boosted his d seires in his hb and it runs great but he put over 10g's in his car before it was done and running good the only thing that is the same is the block.

ok maybe i was getting alittle carried away with that whole boost thing but i figure it would be a fun plus learning experiance to try and chanmge the head, cam, pidton, etc. on my own. btw what would be a good head to put on a d15z1 ne ways

(ok let me be honest with you i'm only doing this for my brother because this engine will serve as a ginne pig before i do any big work on my gsr)

Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx@Jan 7 2003, 12:20 PM
throw it off a bridge, great time for all.

no if you wanted to do the that kind of stuff the guy should have bought a few gallons of the fuel used to power the little gas powered RC cars, they use something like Nitro Methane, basicly a liquid form of NOS. When your running low on fuel, put like 5 gallons of that stuff in there, and for about an hour (if your engine lasts that long) you will be putting close to 300 whp NA (kinda) and you will be hauling ass, after a while your engine is going to burn like a peice of paper over a fire.

For the wise, if your going to just basicly throw the engine away, buy an engine stand (like $70 for a shitty one) Put it in your garage and then just take the thing down to nothing then rebuild it, then repeat. You will learn so much shit this way.

ok can we compromise..... tear it down, put it back together, then throw it off a bridge

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 7 2003, 05:07 PM

For the wise, if your going to just basicly throw the engine away, buy an engine stand (like $70 for a shitty one) Put it in your garage and then just take the thing down to nothing then rebuild it, then repeat. You will learn so much shit this way.

exactly what i do, ive found blown motors outside of walker tire stores in their trash, i just tak em, also my friend had a blown rx7 rotor housings, i bought them from him, the more shit u hav to tinker with the smarter u get, its also the funnest way to learn, IMO

yeah my first time playing with interals was when i disassembled a LS, i couldn't get it back together because there was a hole in the block from hydrolocking, so i just salvaged the crank. then we threw it off a bridge... well no not really, but it sounded cool

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 8 2003, 12:25 AM
fill it with nitromethane and have a 10 sec car for about 500 feet and then laugh as it blows up :)

:werd: thats what im doing :D

before i swap the motor outta this hatch i'm gonna borrow a nitrous kit, even though i hate it i'm gonna kill my motor... just a worthless d16y7 anyways

thanx 4 all the info guys i'll let u no what i decide to but if i do throw it off a brigde i what to change the head first

Back