WHAT TO DO WITH THE AUDI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Ok so I have about $1.3k right now if I wait till next week I'll have 2k+ or so.

What can I do to the Audi. I know I said I wasn't going to modify it but I have an obsession.

Not looking into huge performance mods right now, so not turboing or that $6500 supercharger kit I saw. More to make it look nicer. I wanted to repair the few dings and have it repainted but 1300 isn't going to get me there.

I figure I might as well tint the windows. Just cause it looks 100x better with tint.

There's a tiny exhaust leak, I could get the special clamp from Audi for like 15 bucks or make a whole new exhaust. But I want it quiet, so if I decide to do it I need some suggestions on mufflers and resonators.

I can put a CAI onto it, but I've heard of people having issues with the MAF after installing a CAI, so that kinda turns me away.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 8 2005, 07:39 PM
Ok so I have about $1.3k right now if I wait till next week I'll have 2k+ or so.

What can I do to the Audi. I know I said I wasn't going to modify it but I have an obsession.

Not looking into huge performance mods right now, so not turboing or that $6500 supercharger kit I saw. More to make it look nicer. I wanted to repair the few dings and have it repainted but 1300 isn't going to get me there.

I figure I might as well tint the windows. Just cause it looks 100x better with tint.

There's a tiny exhaust leak, I could get the special clamp from Audi for like 15 bucks or make a whole new exhaust. But I want it quiet, so if I decide to do it I need some suggestions on mufflers and resonators.

I can put a CAI onto it, but I've heard of people having issues with the MAF after installing a CAI, so that kinda turns me away.
[post=509845]Quoted post[/post]​

shit i would save up for some nice wheels..Chrome dubs that is...
Thats what I would do...

dubs on a v-dub :huh:

your best bet is to probably ask around over at vwvortex.com. they would know more about those cars than us here on good ol' hondaswaparoo.

I would go to an Audi/VW board.

then, save your money up for when it breaks.

screw modding it.

audizine.com is a quite informative site you could try....also for an exhaust my buddy had a neuspeed cat back on his 1.8t which isnt loud at all but then again turbo cars arent as loud as na. Otherwsie i would do as stated before lower tint and wheels and be done. Oh did i mention some 19 inch black centered deep polished lip rims would look hot as hell??

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jun 8 2005, 08:49 PM
I would go to an Audi/VW board.

then, save your money up for when it breaks.

screw modding it.
[post=509870]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol: :withstupid:

But if you insist on spending your money, then i'm with BattlePope.

Lower, tint, wheels+tires. :thumbsup:

Oh, and please don't get dubs. Biggest waste of money ev4r IMO.

the prob with the MAF is using rechargable filters, the oil gets on the little wire piece that meters the air and gives false readings, best bet is to get soem cheap auto zone cone filter and replace it when needed

look into a lightened flywheel, most VW/Audi ones are 20+ lbs

tint = pull me over
20's = i'm a drug dealer

DWB threads will ensue.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 8 2005, 11:00 PM
tint = pull me over
20's = i'm a drug dealer

DWB threads will ensue.
[post=509970]Quoted post[/post]​

my thoughts exactly.

plus you're just a ricer if you have to tint and dub it :ph34r:

Get some performance enhancing parts, or upgrade the interior or something. You don't need bling bling, especially when you're DWB.

my friend has a newspeed catback on his GTI vr6 and its pretty quiet, if the audi motor is anything like the gti one, id go for it. its loud when you open it up but quiet around town and in car...plus its deeeeep.

the best things for audis are 19's at one-finger tight height.

19s seem big, I think 18s are the biggest I'm going to go

tint is ok since I have the car reg/ins in PA but drive in NJ NY, they can't actually give me a ticket for it.

I'll check over at VWvortex, I used to visit that site for a while.

the biggest performance mods would be an intake and exhaust. It doesnt have to be very fast. I don't care if its "rice". Interior mods are a no, I like the stock interior.

exhuast is a defenite. I fixed the leak and it's noticably slower.

i better start buying from kteller.

Back