What Turbo Kit To Get For My Crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Full-Race Henry

9.616 @ 159.16 mph
Hey everyone, I am having troubles with what turbo kit to get. I had a Drag III, and hated it. It was supposed to be bolt on. It didnt fit worth shit, the piping was not right at all, the waste gate hit the hood, their was a leak between the exhaust manifold and the downpipe, it took forever to spool (I think because of the piping), and I wasnt satisfied at all. I was looking to get an f-max kit, but im not to sure now. It takes them 4 weeks to build. I am definatly not getting greddy. What do you all think????????

I would say that this forum is a good place for this thread, it is dealing with fitment of the turbo kit on a civic.

What do you mean "a leak between the downpipe and exhaust manifold?' You mean the turbo and downpipe? Make sure ALL bolts are tightened down properly, and in the right sequence.

If you meant a leak between the turbo and manifold, that would explain the spooling problem. What engine are you using this on? Some wastegates will hit the hood, you may have to cut some of the supports off the bottom.

As far as piping not fitting at all, what kit did you buy? Was it for a civic si or some shit? Just take a hacksaw to the piping and make it fit :)

Just keep your kit and fix the problems with it, dont give up so easy :)

As far as greddy- everything bolts right on and lines up perfectly, but its weak.

Back