What's the best engine for a crx 91

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

for the price of the B16B, you could get a GSR or integra Type-R. Not worth the money in my opinion.

If I were you.... I'd get a B16A, sleeve it, forged pistons and rods, do your valvetrain, fuel pump and injectors, and then turbo that. Just my 2 cents...

I'd personally get a B16, and get a B20 block if you want to go faster and extra torque. Get used to the B16 and prep the B20 for Vtec and decide if its gonna be all motor or a turbo setup. I'm takin my sweet ol' time and doing this after my setup goes, but right now im in the middle of fixing it.

Overall I'd recommend a B16 or a GSR

the best engine for your crx is the one that you can afford.

i know people that have sohc vtec motors in their crx, some with turbos some with out. I have a b16 in my crx and hope to have it boosted soon, and i know people with b18's, b20's and k20's in their crx's

it all depends on how much you want to put in to your crx,

if your tring to get 400hp out of your crx a b16 or a b18 would be a good choice,

as far as wanting to build your crx to beat your friends 1.8t rabbit that is pretty easy to do. you could do a b16 and throw nitrious on it and easily smoke him.
right now with my b16 in my crx i can keep up with a corrado with a v6. if i threw nitrious on my crx i can easily smoke him. so betting a 1.8t rabbit isnt a hard task to accomplish.

and what i'm serioulsy thinking about is a b18c1 GSR 94 or +, ecu chip, apex'i t4 hybrid turbo, really big intercooler (i dont want my turbo to burn up on top speed), turbo intake manifold, cold air intake, turbo header's with good exaust and blowup valve on 16'' wheel to not loose too much power and not be spinning for like 30sec on the same spot when i start the engine stock is 170-180hp 127lb torque if i add these upgrade i think i would be able to get like 300+ hp and beat 13 sec am i?

bahahaha
you crack me up dude

some basics, not sure if they've already been covered...

turbo motors typically have a lower compression ratio to prevent detonation/granading...
getting a type R b16 or b18 is just asking for problems...
it is possible to boost one of these motors, but they have a high compression ratio to start with and are best used for NA development...

with a budget of 7K you can go just about any route you choose, but make sure you have money for brake upgrades as well as suspension upgrades, 500 whp will do you no good if you can;t handle and can't tame the power via brakes...

you can turbo ANY motor, although it is harder to tune a vtec motor with a turbo as compared to a non vtec motor with a turbo...

i suggest you read a lot more before making a final decision...
every setup has its good points and bad points... its up to you to decide what meets your goals most effectively...

Back