what's the highest compression i can run on 91 octane???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thanks, i have 370 injectors and if changing the rods will let me hit 8k i'll change em was planning on it anyways, my crower stage 2 cams need at least 11.5 compression so what's a good piston/rod combo to go with? b20/vtec bored to 85mm. thanks for the input.

12:1 CR Pistons(brand of Your Choice) Eagle H Beam Rods Or Crower Rods, OEM Rod berings, ARP Rod bolts, and Polish And Balance Your Crank.

12:1 CR Pistons(brand of Your Choice) Eagle H Beam Rods Or Crower Rods, OEM Rod berings, ARP Rod bolts, and Polish And Balance Your Crank.

I agree with everything execpt for polishing and balancing the crank, Honda cranks are already balanced better from the factory than any shop could do, and they also use a nitrate coating on all the bearing surfaces and it needs to stay there (refer the pics I posted)

oops! my bad sorry :(.....dont polish and balance the crank ^_^

The crank is balanced to itself, the weight of the rods and the fact that on the crank they are 180* apart from themselves they balance themselves out. In other words leave the crank balanced from the factory and when you get the new rods/pistons make sure they all weigh the same.

The crank is balanced to itself, the weight of the rods and the fact that on the crank they are 180* apart from themselves they balance themselves out. In other words leave the crank balanced from the factory and when you get the new rods/pistons make sure they all weigh the same.
yep. if it's that much of a concern take the rods and pistons to a shop and they can get them to weigh the same. Also to the OP, why would you change out the pistons to aftermarket and leave stock rods? IMO you're already in there might as well put some good rods to go with it and save yourself headache and labor down the road.

Back