What's Your Gas Mileage?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wytt

Hey Guys,
I just want to get an idea of what the gas mileage for different engines out there, since it's one of my factors in picking an engine (especially since gas is now over $2 / gallon :( ). Right now I am considering a B18C1 and keeping it N/A. But I’m open to see what other engines gas mileages are too. So I guess I will start with what I have currently on my ’95 Civic DX.

Engine: D15B7
Mods: Intake, DC Headers, Greddy Exhaust
Average Gas Mileage: 27 – 30 mpg

(I'll say one thing, gotta love the D's gas mileage :p )

they basically all the same, depends on how u drive. my ex gf, had a 2000 gsr, and got better gas mileage than me in
my lowley (sp?) ex coupe.

keep it below vtec and ull be coo coo.

other than that go online and look what the normal gas mileage is for the cars that come with
the engine u want to swap in there.

obviously if u swap u going to be racing it, so u loose gas faster.

i just checked mine, and i get around 22 mpg, that is mostly highway too :(

i knew a guy who had a B16 in an 88 crx hf and he claimed to get 42mpg (and i beleive him).

Originally posted by karnash@Mar 21 2003, 07:57 PM
they basically all the same, depends on how u drive. my ex gf, had a 2000 gsr, and got better gas mileage than me in
my lowley (sp?) ex coupe.

keep it below vtec and ull be coo coo.

other than that go online and look what the normal gas mileage is for the cars that come with
the engine u want to swap in there.

obviously if u swap u going to be racing it, so u loose gas faster.

:withstupid:

If you rev the shit out of your engine then you're going to get terrible gas mileage, if you float around in 5th as much as you can keeping the RPMs low then you'll get better gas mileage.

Here's the thing...if you're building an engine to put in the car to make it go Vrroooom Vrrroooom real quickly, then most likely you're going to be revving the engine and not getting the best possible gas mileage.

another thing IDK where the fuck you live but $2 is ridiculous. Maybe you're out west or some shit? ...in a few weeks since the crude oil price went down dramatically you'll see that savings being passed onto yourself and the prices will drop and most likely stay there for atleast a little while after the war.

It also depends on your speed also. Here in michigan, the cops are alright and the speed limit is 70 so I go 75-80 mph. Here I get about 35 mpg highway. However, when i go to ohio, the cops are jackasses and the speed limit is 65 so i go right arond that speed. There I get 40-41 mpg. This is all with my del sol, (top down also which increases drag) with just a d16z6

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 23 2003, 10:15 AM
It also depends on your speed also. Here in michigan, the cops are alright and the speed limit is 70 so I go 75-80 mph. Here I get about 35 mpg highway. However, when i go to ohio, the cops are jackasses and the speed limit is 65 so i go right arond that speed. There I get 40-41 mpg. This is all with my del sol, (top down also which increases drag) with just a d16z6

...which is basically what we've all said.

When you're floating in 5th you're going to get the best gas mileage but the second you pass the point where your engine isn't having to do much more and you're accelerating/revving up in 5th you're going to suck gas.

Speed isn't cheap.

If you're doing a swap to go fast, suck it up and pay the gas prices. :p

My buddy has a b16sir2 in his 90 civic DX, and i know this is true because i went on a road trip with him and witnessed this... He gets 41 MPG on the freeway, and 22MPG in town. he is also running stock cams, hondata, AEM CAI, and DC catback, DC header. It is not a highly modded b16, but it has been dyno tuned.

Back