When Do You Guys Plan On Adding To The "swap"guide

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

myflysi

what up guys- im throwing a b16a1 into my 91 civic hatch winter beater (link to pics of both cars in sig) and honestly, the only reason i went through the registration process was because i saw that this page had a swap guide for the 88-91 civic- yadda yadda yadda, i fill out the info and then bam im registered, so i click the swap link for the 91 civics, and nothing is there...SO is it elsewhere on the board, or are those links just sitting there to make the top of the page look nice. i was really looking for an exact list of what i need to put this b16a1 in my dx hatch, like EVERTHING id need down to the last bolt, not just like "oh yeah well you need the motor, you need an ecu, you need some axles..." a lot more than this obviously has to be replaced and if anyone has completed the identical swap and is running well, id appreciate it if you could let me know everything you had to add or replace.. thanks in advance.

Also, i think this site should have the h-series into 5g civic swapguide. I know most people here would say "go b-series", but many people have done h series into civics and i for one would like to know how to do that swap...not just b16 and b18, not all people aspire for those 2 engines. Opinionated, but since this is a swap site, i thought it should be updated for people looking for information, especially since h series into a civic is a swap that the most help is needed. Thanks

There is a lot that would need to go into a how to swap.They don't want to put anything out that isn't 100%,that would be worst.But finding a step by step with pics is not that easy.I haven't seen that many.There is a lot of info here if you look,and basic knowledge is needed before doing a swap anyway,so if you have that you should be able to translate words into what is needed,as for everybolt,will hell into that kind of detail every swap is different.Different trims need slightly different things and there are a ton of different combations to do it takes alot of time to centralize that kind of info.

I will be adding an LSVTEC step by step with pics as soon as I finish my rebuild.

All i am looking for is basics....but there is nothing here on hseries into a civic. Im looking for wiring/ what needs to be cut/drilled for the shift linkage...things like that.

its hard for me to add h-series tech to the swap guide because i've never done this swap, nor would i ever want to.

however, i will make sure i work on this swap guide within the next few weeks, as i have a few friends who have done this swap.

Originally posted by chet@Feb 5 2003, 01:21 PM
its hard for me to add h-series tech to the swap guide because i've never done this swap, nor would i ever want to.

however, i will make sure i work on this swap guide within the next few weeks, as i have a few friends who have done this swap.

thats the point. there's two of us, really, that add stuff to the site.
with only our own cars to work on, its hard to put up an accurate article on doing the swap.

i encourage members to give us write ups.. we got a few early on, but thats about it.

between me and chet, you will find 95% of the articles were written by us.

I have never seen or whitnessed an h22 swap - i have no clue.
I never owned a 4th gen.

basically, where you sit- is how I sit with putting a b16 in your car. I've never done it- how can I tell you what to do?

as time goes on, i hope to get more info from our membership - as that is where the knowledge lies.

As for your swap- check the articles section- there is a dx to SiR wire article.
also, there is a 4th gen ecu pinout chart in the article section as well. those shoudl help

How about posting a "call for writeups" sticky in each forum? I could dig around a find some good links and such too...

basicly we ask everyone who is doing a swap and sounds halfway knowledgable in the first place to make a write up. If you plan on doing one, get a hold of B. Hopefully by the end of this summer i can make a write up on a ITR in a sol.

i planned on doing a REALLY detailed write up (w/ pics) on a H22 swap into 5gen civic whenever i fucking do it, i decided to buy more shit (semi expensive) before i throw it in. so i have had set the date back some more :(

Back