When you drive by the gas station...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

and even though ethanol is used as an anti-knock agent its just not a viable whole replacement unless u want to drink that stuff.

controlling that h2 reaction is going to be tough in mass quantities.

im not to sure how invovle it is to use fat, but in the articles they just two separate systems one for fat one for regular diesel. they used regular diesel until engine warms up and switch over to fat and then use diesel agian to purge before shut off.

good news in CT.

Gov. Rell is pushing to pass a bill to DROP state taxes on gasonline.

and ct has the HIGEST state taxes-- something like 30 cents a gallon.

Hawaii adopted a bill that capped gas prices at 2.86, 2.96, and 3.06... Not a bad idea, to let the state government take care of the rest. The federal government is a different story, though.

only problem with hawaii is that suppliers would rather sell to the main land for full price, than in the middle of the pacific for a fraction of the gasoline's worth...

sounds like thats the max that the consumer will pay, the difference will be paid for by the state

Wow, for once the CA gas prices are not the highest in the country :blink:

I paid 3.09 a gallon for 91 (premium here) yesterday.

Originally posted by MugenCRX
What does the label say? *reads* Bend over, grab ankles?

My girlfriend just filled up her 91 Dakota with 85 octane at $2.99/gal today. Fuck this shit. In a way, I'm glad I can't drive.

hey nick, the gas station right by rocket lanes has premium for 2.94. the next gas station down the road is .15 cents higher. i dunno what the gas is like in town, but you should come fill up here :p

Originally posted by Havok@Sep 2 2005, 01:23 PM
Hawaii adopted a bill that capped gas prices at 2.86, 2.96, and 3.06... Not a bad idea, to let the state government take care of the rest. The federal government is a different story, though.
[post=548845]Quoted post[/post]​

And where's the money to cap this coming from? A loan that will have to be paid back in thirty years so taxes will increase then? The economics of it just don't work out.

Econ 100

Originally posted by micah@Sep 2 2005, 08:49 PM
hey nick, the gas station right by rocket lanes has premium for 2.94. the next gas station down the road is .15 cents higher. i dunno what the gas is like in town, but you should come fill up here :p
[post=549025]Quoted post[/post]​

Right off of Thomas Drive, on the way to the Marriott, gas is 2.52 for 87 octane. Take that, bitches!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 2 2005, 07:51 AM
good news in CT.

Gov. Rell is pushing to pass a bill to DROP state taxes on gasonline.

and ct has the HIGEST state taxes-- something like 30 cents a gallon.
[post=548686]Quoted post[/post]​

WV did the same thing the other day, tax here is also .30/gal. i was surprised to see it at 2.99 the other day.

dont tell me you put 87 in your del sol... lol

cnn showed a pic of a gas station that was 5.87/5.97/6.07, they didnt say what state it was in though

What a shitty situation...gas is up higher than ever, people are dying in shitty ways, and on top of that, they need donations.

Fuck that, my donation money just went to the gas gougers. If they want to donate their profits, they can.

yeah, they are trying to say they arent gouging gas prices.
i gurantee that gas companies have tripled there profits in the last week compared to the week before.

Originally posted by micah@Sep 4 2005, 06:36 AM
yeah, they are trying to say they arent gouging gas prices.
i gurantee that gas companies have tripled there profits in the last week compared to the week before.
[post=549419]Quoted post[/post]​

The gas is still the same gas that was in the tanks before. Its still the same gas that was refined, months ago.

This is price gouging at best and gas stations "preparing" early for any shortages that we might have. In short, they're fucking us blind.

still not even half way through the tank i filled up on aug 26th :)
i dont see myself needing gas untill at least the 12th or 13th :lol:

:fuckyou3:

Originally posted by khan@Sep 4 2005, 09:13 PM
thank god JP8 is free
[post=549547]Quoted post[/post]​

For you, but not the rest of the people paying taxes, and when you get back from deployment, you'll be paying for the next guys.

Back