where can i get a faster engine for my del sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

How much for what sir? A home made turbo kit is the best and cheapiest way to make a turbo kit if thats what you are talking about. Or are you talking about a del sol shell?

1/4 mile with a eg k20 powerd 13.5 with normal tyre's: best time i've got was 13.5
and yes k20 swap aint cheap.. but it's great!

hey hollywood go to Homemadeturbo.com and start readin in the noob section man. i have a jdm d15b vtec, i built a homemade turbo setup for 550 then it cost me 100 for the tuned ecu. so about 650 and it may be cheaper for you but i didnt buy anything that was considered "crap".

i looked at it... but it was kinda confusing i couldnt tell where to see where i can buy one at. but let me kno where i can

you can make big numbers out of a b series motor (b16, b17, b18,) but also like somone said before you can also puch high numbers on your sohc by turboing it, it is all just your preferance if you are wanting to go sohc turbo try visiting turbod16.com it is a gerat website that can help out alot on anythign you need for turboing your sohc. it is also a great site for bying parts for cheap, and there are forums showing some of the top numbers on the site so it will give you an idea of what is possible out of you sohc.

but i dont have a dohc...i wish. i have 16 VALVE engine... wat can i do wit that

read the last 20 posts....turbo! a home made turbo kit is just that...home made. meaning you gotta buy individual parts to make up a set-up. keep your eyes peeled on here and ebay and stuff...im sure you can make up somthing if you look for parts on your own. were not doin it for ya;) . keep you 16 valve stock for now, boost it to like 6 psi and run the hell out of it. then if you grow out of that or blow it up, swap it for a b16. think and then spend. peace

The second post in this thread should have been asking the guy what he actually knows about engines. I dont know each motor, but I am able to do any kind of motor swap. First things first you need to learn what actually makes an engine an engine. You cant build a car if you dont know what the pieces are for.

The second post in this thread should have been asking the guy what he actually knows about engines. I dont know each motor, but I am able to do any kind of motor swap. First things first you need to learn what actually makes an engine an engine. You cant build a car if you dont know what the pieces are for.
The author of the 2nd post in this thread was well aware he shouldn't waste his time asking questions.
It's completely obvious this guy has no idea about anything and he's here to learn, not to be questioned.
^_^

you wanna swap looki into the ls vtec, it may sound stupid compared to a turbo but if you wanna run all motor and not have to put an engine in thats bigger then your car then thats the way to go and that should be able to get your ass down the track in a hurry with some cams and a good tune

i think this is by far the dumbest post ive ever read, thank you i now feel extremely stupid for reading this, good god there should be a limit to some sorta know how, either you know what your doing and you get it done or you just happen to be stacked with cash and just hand your car over and say get it done, honestly on this compentence level, maybe you should start with working on the lawnmower or something, get the feel on changing spark plugs or something....

You have a lot of learning to do. But hey you haft to start somewhere right. I would roll with a bseries to start of with then just upgrade from there.

LOL mad-hatter

a lawn mower

i belive you have to start somewhere but how can you just say hey i wanna go faster what do i do, ok now what is this, where can i get that, thats just a set up for disaster, you want lil faster i have a obd1 bseries ls motor, great shape, ecu, axles, trans, shift linkage, wire harness, no exhuast manifold though ill sell to ya, 600 or best offer, you just hve to pull your motor out and drop this one in, do some exhuast work, plug the ecu in and turn the key..

i have a 94 civic that i m lookin to swap out for a newer low milage motor. how many miles are on that and where do u live

fred. virginia, mileage is under 100,000 i dont know exact the head was just pulled off for cleaning and the gasket got cut up a lil so it needs a new headgasket, but its whatever, i have a 1.6l head if you wanna put that on your motor, long as your civic isnt in to bad shape just put a vtec head on it for now till it blows up

Back