Where Can I Get These!?!?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic-type-r.jpg

the all red taillights, damn i love the shit out of them please let me know where i could cop dem!!

Originally posted by karnash@Mar 4 2003, 12:20 AM
correct me if im wrong.....

but arent those stock taillights, painted over a bit with red model paint?

Yup. One of my sets is all red...

hey, awesome steps
thanks
peace
nash

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 4 2003, 07:09 AM
Here... the pictures for this DIY have been sitting idle on my computer for the last year, and this thread prompted me to go ahead and type it all up.

Here you go:

https://hondaswap.com/~mike/tails/

although i hate aftermarket lights, your DIY red tails looked pretty good. Only question is, once you sprayed them, they left a rough texture, is it possible to wet sand it down with a very fine grain so it looks like real plasitic?

Yea, I like em man. Is there a way though to make them look more "factory smooth?"

Originally posted by lostdesigns@Mar 4 2003, 08:16 PM
does anyone know where i could get stock civic si tails? not honda or any other place thats gonna rape my cash stash

The junk/salvage yard is your best friend. :D

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 4 2003, 02:14 PM
although i hate aftermarket lights, your DIY red tails looked pretty good. Only question is, once you sprayed them, they left a rough texture, is it possible to wet sand it down with a very fine grain so it looks like real plasitic?

They did come out a little rough- but yeah you can still wet sand them a bit to smooth them out and respray with clear on top. If you just wet sand it, it'll come out with a dull finish on top. That's one reason why I recommend the Testor's paint- it comes out better. You just can't buy Testor's in Duncan Oklahoma. I've got tons of Testor's now, so that's what I'll be using the next time around. Another reason why they came out rough is because I spray many light coats- most people recommend the "one thick ass coat" method to get the glossy smooth finish.

Back