where do i get shielded wire?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88bluehf

in my many dpfi to mpfi conversions ive always had to use leftovers from stock harness' for the two shielded wires for the distributor....i am sick of this....i would like to know where to find shielded wire...can i order it offline? where can i get this? any help would be greatly appreciated.

ill have to check radio shack again last few times ive checked theyve only had really small gauged shielded wire.

RadioShack does sell it thier cat# is 278-513. Its mic wire but will work just fine. Remember to ground the inner shield. Just go in there with the cat# on a peice of paper and ask the guy for it. Comes in 50' rolls so you have enough in case you screw up :D It is small awg, but I think that is a small signal anyway, which would explain why it is affected so much by interference.

ya i just did this to my dizzy. and i used the shielded wire from radio shack.. ya it is small gauge, there are 2 wires withinin the shield so i just wound them together to make a biger gauge wire outa the 1. so i ran 6 or 7 diffrent shieled wires, and grounded all the shileds on the same gound... good luck
Tyler

if you run a bunch of wires togther twist them. By twisting them they are less likely to parallel other wires which should help cute down on interference.

if you run a bunch of wires togther twist them. By twisting them they are less likely to parallel other wires which should help cute down on interference.

On low frequencies it does but on high frequencies it doesn't I am not sure what the signal is going from the ecu. If the signal is small enough to have interference from outside noise it is probably a low voltage signal which won't carry much current. Just use one set of wires with the shield from the distributer and you should be ok.

depending on the awg of the wire i get depends on what i will do ... honda runs 14awg shielded wire for this in there stock harness ...so im gonna try to mimmick this

Back