Where else should i gound my engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1FastEk

Wont even turn over i turn the switch and get absolutly nothing at all I have the starter grounded then from the tranny to the chassis and one from the valve pan cover to the chasiss any suggestions are greatly appreciated thanks

well you should actualy ground the block not the valvecover because the valve cove has a ruber gasket that dosent conduct electricty very well. yes i know that that is the factory ground but think about it and i have checked with a meter and the coating on the stud that you ground to has a very high reistance.

wierd.. i had tha same problem but i only had one grounded.. from valve cover to radiator support.. i juss sanded down the support through the paint.. and i was good to go.. =) yea but to tha block would be better

Meybe your battery to chasis ground is bad. Try running a piece of 8 gau from the negative terminal right to one of the starter bolts. If that doesnt help, you should probobly start looking at you primary starter circuit.

Idk im getting powe to the inside of my car such as when i open the door it beeps my lights work i took a screw driver and rubbed it from the power to the ground and there weresparks everywhere Just when i turn the key there is nothing at all the battery is good and charged AND ALSO HOW MANY GROUNDS SHOULD I HAVE AND WHERE DO I PUT THEM i have done alot of swaps with no problem this one just sucks. tHaNks

I had a similar problem when I was putting in my ZC. I jumped a ground from the batt, to the frame, to the starter, tranny and to the block, and there was a small ground I found on one of the main harnesses near the back of the tranny, I grounded it to the starter also. Used the factory ground on the valve cover. Since then, no ground problems.

I dont think ground is your problem. And if you've done many swaps before how can you not know where all the grounds are?

Ok wt do you think my problem why would you say " I dont think the ground is the problem" and not state an opinion ad yes I have done many swaps This swap is different its a d16z6 in a 96 civic hatch dx I have never done a d series stock and i was thinking maybe it was different.

Ok did you get the ground on the thermostat houseing part of the wireing harness? That is a tricky one. make sure the neg battery ground is grounded to the frame take it off clean where it attaches to the chassis. Check main fuses make sure you have a good connection at the starter. It is also possiable that you have a bad ignition switch. There was a recall on all 96-2000 Civic ignition switches should be under warrenty. If you jiggle the key when you start it it may work.

if your putting an OBD1 engine into an OBD2 car the odds are that your problems are more than a ground. The fact that you made sparks and that your interior lights work only means you hooked the battery up correctly. The spark shower test quite possibly blew a main fuse anyway. Start there and back trace all of your wiring for continuity on the correct pinouts with a voltmeter.

Try connecting to the actual starter wire with power. If your ground is good, the engine should crank. Definitely make sure the car is in Neutral or Park and the parking brake is set. In fact, stand off to the side, just in case. If your engine cranks, then you know that you have a switch/power problem.

I could tell you which wire starts your car if you had an accord. My car has a main harness plug next to the interior fuse box.(I had to tap in for my alarms' auto start)

Back