Where is the starter relay?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

My car wouldn't crank over (paritally because the starter was bad) but also because my starter relay isn't making the connection to run the starter. I know this because I can hot wire the starter and it kinda runs (but not correctly) but it doesn't do anything when I turn the key in the ignition. I hear the relay click, but there's no follow up....no sound from the starter. Steve at hmotors said that this is a common problem. Can someone please tell me where the starter relay is and what it looks like so I can replace it? Thanks

-Kai

Its not there, I checked, the sound is comming from the middle of my dash. Kinda behind where my cd deck was. If thats not the starter relay then wtf is clicking (just like a relay) when I turn the key and the car doesn't start?

...what does the starter relay look like then...and where is it? The clicking REALLY sounds like its not coming from under the fuse box.

I just had to do some minor wiring with mine and I know the wire ran to behind the fuse box and out to the engine, black with a yellow stripe I think, I might be wrong on stripe color. Check your repair manual for wire color and look around under dashboard.

Back