where to buy syncromesh friction modified

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

I found pennzoil synchromesh but cannot seem to find the friction modified version... can it be bought somewhere other than a GM dealer?

thanks

Originally posted by phyregod@Aug 10 2005, 02:28 PM
Why not buy from the stealership?
[post=538476]Quoted post[/post]​

speciffically for that reason... the stealing

a guart of penzoil syncromesh at autozone was only $3.00 or so and I've heard people say they paid $12 at a dealership

just thought I might not have been looking in the right places

I've always wondered....is that penzoil shit the same as the GM? b/c I hate having to spend $30 every time I need to replace my tranny oil (which is often because my tranny leaks....:( ).

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Aug 10 2005, 03:15 PM
I've always wondered....is that penzoil shit the same as the GM? b/c I hate having to spend $30 every time I need to replace my tranny oil (which is often because my tranny leaks....:( ).
[post=538501]Quoted post[/post]​

pennzoil says right on it that it replaces GM part numbers 12345577 and 12345### (can't remember that one)

everyone says it's all the same stuff

Originally posted by seanjuan+Aug 10 2005, 03:29 PM-->
Citizen_Insane
@Aug 10 2005, 03:15 PM
I've always wondered....is that penzoil shit the same as the GM?  b/c I hate having to spend $30 every time I need to replace my tranny oil (which is often because my tranny leaks....:( ).
[post=538501]Quoted post[/post]​

pennzoil says right on it that it replaces GM part numbers 12345577 and 12345### (can't remember that one)

everyone says it's all the same stuff
[post=538509]Quoted post[/post]​

it's all the same stuff. but the friction modified version of synchromesh can only be bought at the GM dealership.

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Aug 10 2005, 03:45 PM
it's all the same stuff. but the friction modified version of synchromesh can only be bought at the GM dealership.
[post=538512]Quoted post[/post]​

AMSoil sells a "synchromesh" product that says it replaces both GM syncromesh and GM Synchromesh friction modified

how much different is the friction modified version anyway?

Originally posted by seanjuan+Aug 10 2005, 04:32 PM-->
B16RacerN2NR
@Aug 10 2005, 03:45 PM
it's all the same stuff.  but the friction modified version of synchromesh can only be bought at the GM dealership.
[post=538512]Quoted post[/post]​

AMSoil sells a "synchromesh" product that says it replaces both GM syncromesh and GM Synchromesh friction modified

how much different is the friction modified version anyway?
[post=538526]Quoted post[/post]​

I saw that also, and would like to know.

Back