Where To Get Wheels

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

red95solsi

i was wondering where a good place to get a lightweight set of wheels would be the 2 i was thinking about were Volk TE37 and Racing Hart CP-035R since they were the lightest weight 15" that i could find can anyone help me locate a place online to get these from and also does anyone know if they fit a 95 Del Sol SI

Get ROTA's from AllJDM. Jason over there will hook you up if you're from hondaswap ($450 shipped!).

Plus ROTA's have pretty much imitation wheels from RH and Volks.
And they are super light.

Edit: The Rota Grid's are the TE37 cop I think...
and the.. Sub Zero's are the CP-035 cop.

have you ever looked at 16 inch Volk TE37's? Pissedoffsol is selling a set right now. Other than that, talk to the guy on here named ALLJDM, he normally can get you some good deals. He runs ALLJDM.com (his website only has like 5% of what he actually sells so just talk to him) his AIM name is also alljdm

hoped that helped

how much do those ROTAs weigh i liked the other ones cause they were right around 8lbs a piece

rotas are extremly light for the cost. True the other ones will be a little bit lighter but they also cost 1500 more.

Volks, spoon, mugen = $2000 a set
Rotas = 450 a set

from our refrence section (has not been updated in a while for newer wheels...

Rota Circuit 8 15 x 6.5 Cast 11.5
Rota Circuit 8 16 x 7 Cast 15.5
Rota Competition 15 x 6.5 Cast 16.8
Rota Competition 16 x 7 Cast 19.6
Rota Formel 16 x 7 Cast 17
Rota Grid Racing 15 x 6.5 Cast 14.5
Rota Grid Racing 16 x 7 Cast 16
Rota Manta 15 x 6.5 Cast 16.5
Rota Manta 16 x 7 Cast 17.6
Rota MSR 15 x 6.5 Cast 16.9
Rota MSR 16 x 7 Cast 17.2
Rota N1R 16 x 7 Cast 17.7
Rota Retro 15 x 6.5 Cast 14
Rota Slipstream 15 x 6.5 Cast 11.9
Rota Slipstream 16 x 7 Cast 13.5
Rota Stage 5 15 x 6.5 Cast 17.6
Rota Stage 5 16 x 7 Cast 20.1
Rota Subzero 15 x 6.5 Cast 12.9
Rota Subzero 16 x 7 Cast 14.5
Rota Subzero 17 x 7 Cast 16.5
Rota Subzero 17 x 7.5 Cast 16.9
Rota Tarmac 17 x 7 Cast 19
Rota Tuner 16 x 7 Cast 18
Rota Velo 15 x 6.5 Cast 16.8
Rota Velo 16 x 7 Cast 19.

one that i know that were missing is the new Group N, (knock off of mugens)

about how much do the 14 inch wheels that came stock on the 95 del sol si weigh i want to lose at least 8lbs a wheel and i thought that they were around 18 so i might have to spend the 2000 to get the ones i want because i want to get a very very low time with my del sol when i add the turbo so the lighter the better but at 450 a set shipped i might go with those for now

go with the REAL things.... ROTAS are cheap, they crack and chip.
also $450 shipped isnt a good deal...ive stated that before.

if your just gonna talk about bad prices on them then why dont you suggest somewhere else that sells cheaper and better things instead of just saying how bad that is

No one can sell ROTA's for cheaper. They set a minimum selling price and if a seller goes below it, I believe ROTA pulls their contract Also, ALLJDM is including free shipping. Find a better deal than that.

Originally posted by VTECcivicVTEC@Jan 15 2003, 04:57 PM
go with the REAL things.... ROTAS are cheap, they crack and chip.
also $450 shipped isnt a good deal...ive stated that before.

i like how everyone on this board is on ALLJDMs jock and ROTAS jock.
you guys must be in the boonies or something.
his prices arent that good.

We talk good about Rota's and All JDM for a few reasons.

#1 I've never heard anyone on this board complain about thier ROTA's and a lot of people have them.

#2 They are cheap. $450 for 4 lightweight wheels with shipping, thats cheap. Show me another site where you can get them for cheaper.

#3 Jason at ALLJdm has been a big part of this site and has a huge stock of merchandise. He posts on these boards and is easy to get ahold of. I've never heard one complaint about his shop and I've heard of quite a few people ordering from there from this site for that reason.

Show me some proof of what your saying or stop trolling. :sleep:

ive posted before about a site/shop selling rotas for $300-$350. nobody bothered to check out the site.

and rotas are NOT high quality.
i swear....some of the peeps on this site are a bunch of circle jerkers.
most of you are cool, but the rest of you LOVE to have the same opinion of everyone else.
go ahead and buy from alljdm..i never said dont.
im only stating that i for one will not, and i will never own rotas again.

Originally posted by Prowler@Jan 15 2003, 05:21 PM
No one can sell ROTA's for cheaper. They set a minimum selling price and if a seller goes below it, I believe ROTA pulls their contract Also, ALLJDM is including free shipping. Find a better deal than that.

yeah i read that a few months back also........... do you believe everything ALLJDM posts on here. thats some major BS. "suggested retail" might be $450...but it doesnt mean it has to be $450. hell if a shop wants to sell for $1 over cost, they can.
i know of a few shops selling for cheaper than $450. one is actually $350.
maybe he thinks hes the lowest price online.... but then again, ive still found cheaper. i did own slipsteams (bought em for my girl) and they werent even worth the $350 i spent.

for someone on a budget looking for a relativly light wheel of decent quality Rota is a good choice
are they top quality.... no
are they the lightest rims in the fucking world.... no
they are however one of the best rims for the price you pay

personally i will not be buying them ... but i also plan to do serious road course competition with my car so the 4lbs less that the CP035's weigh makes the $300 per rim price i have to pay for them worth it to me.... if i was not planning to do any serious competing with my car, or i was only planing to autoX with it would i get the CP035's .... hell no... id be getting a set of Rota's with some Azenis or Kuhmo's on them.... there is no point in dumping 1200 on rims and another 800+ on tires that are just going to get beaten up on an autoX track or the street....

i have seen plenty of people use rotas and i have not seen any of them crack or chip without some serious abuse... thats more than i can say for a lot of other tims that cost 2x as much

Originally posted by VTECcivicVTEC@Jan 15 2003, 05:28 PM
ive posted before about a site/shop selling rotas for $300-$350. nobody bothered to check out the site.

most of you are cool, but the rest of you LOVE to have the same opinion of everyone else.
go ahead and buy from alljdm..i never said dont.
im only stating that i for one will not, and i will never own rotas again.

You sound just like SOHCVTEC bitching about fucking Rota's and Jason's prices. You have only been on the board for a week. When did you post about that site? I haven't seen a Rota discusion in awhile..

Jason helps a lot of ppl out here, gets damn good deals.. he is a VERY good addition here.. trash talkn him is like trashing the owner.. so, stfu

If you are an admin, just look at the IP #, and the one from SOHCvtec, or that D15B7 fag as well. Yeah, he is a little cunt, just like they were.

ive posted before about a site/shop selling rotas for $300-$350.  nobody bothered to check out the site.

i did a search, i can't find it, why couldn't you post it again?
most of you are cool,  but the rest of you LOVE to have the same opinion of everyone else.

and you're putting words into peoples mouths, where on this thread did anyone say they were "high quality"? you're making an argument over something that hasn't even been stated? who is the "jerk"?
yeah i read that a few months back also........... do you believe everything ALLJDM posts on here. thats some major BS. "suggested retail" might be $450...but it doesnt mean it has to be $450. hell if a shop wants to sell for $1 over cost, they can.

he did not say "suggested retail". he didn't even say he got that info from ALLJDM. try reading these posts before commenting on them.

Originally posted by VTECcivicVTEC@Jan 15 2003, 05:32 PM
...if a shop wants to sell for $1 over cost, they can...

they may be able to sell just over cost, but i do know for a fact that a lot of companys have a MAP (minimum advertised price) as well as an MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price). that means that none of thier dealers are allowed to advertise prices on the internet, magazines, ect. under the MAP price or they could get in trouble with the distributer. i've read the price when jason (ALLJDM) "said" that he could not sell rota's under $450 or whatever the price was... but he said that he throws in free shipping or free whatnot to compensate for the higher price that he is forced to sell at.

Originally posted by B16@Jan 15 2003, 07:20 PM
ive posted before about a site/shop selling rotas for $300-$350.  nobody bothered to check out the site.

i did a search, i can't find it, why couldn't you post it again?

B/c its sohcvtec. so he was referring to his posts from before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back