Where's Celerity ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I suppose high 13s are still 13s :p

Eh there's been reports of people running from about 14.3's to low 13's. Supposedly the car is tuned really shitty and with gears, springs, new intake and a retune people have already gotten into the mid to low 12's.

That makes sense. I think Ford purposely did it so they could keep costs down and production quick so they could sell them quickly and get as many out there as possible. The 4.6 SOHC has tons of potential.

A guy working for Ford on another board, rumored that they tuned the car in such a way that to shift properly you have to shift extremely short but they did this to make the trannies more reliable.

The mustang is nothing to scouff at, regardless of the V6 or V8, both have amazing potential. The V8 has an awesome platform to begin with and will take on most everything typically on the road except for STi's and Vettes. The V6 isn't awesome in stock form but can be made to be. Hell if people here can squeeze tons of power out of 1.6L or 1.8L through tuning or turbocharging then think of what can be done with displacement. There's no replacement for displacement, especially if you're slapping a turbo charger onto an already huge motor. :)

No kidding.

Maybe I'll put that T72 on my 460 after all... :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
No kidding.

Maybe I'll put that T72 on my 460 after all... :ph34r:

I don't understand why domestic guys are so opposed to forced induction for the larger part. I guess when its $800 for H pipes or a catback exhaust, and $800 for headers, and $800 for this and $800 for that, it gets expensive real fast but I usually see domestics with only the breather mods and gears. My friends Trans Am was ridiculous, it was $800 for basically every part and he didn't take it much further then the basic mods.

Slap a turbo kit onto one of those cars and watch them go, shit look at the Lingenfelter Vette, although its tuned like crazy and a twin turbo kit, basically nothing out there can even begin to touch it.

P.S.

This is a sad fucking day. I'm here at school, bored as hell, actually conversing with you rather than being outside because its raining here and snowing less than an hour away. Put me out of my misery.

I do find it funny sometimes.. My turbo honda can beat a corvette!!!

well, run a corvette at 15 psi... see what happens.

I think the reason a lot of muscleheads avoid forced induction is that they don't understand it. They might be able to grasp the concept of a supercharger or nitrous, but turbos are a little too much. At least from what I've seen.

Either that or they think they won't need it if they get some bolt-ons.

Oh, and your friend needs to shop around. I could get shorty tube headers for my 460 for under 500 bucks, I'll get my header-backs done for a couple hundred (already bought "mufflers"), and I got both my intake and carb for 230 apiece.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I do find it funny sometimes.. My turbo honda can beat a corvette!!!

well, run a corvette at 15 psi... see what happens.

Yeah, I'd like to see the times the new Lingenfelter C6 Vette runs.

The Lingenfelter C5s have been known to dip into the 9s.

Quoted post[/post]]
I think the reason a lot of muscleheads avoid forced induction is that they don't understand it. They might be able to grasp the concept of a supercharger or nitrous, but turbos are a little too much. At least from what I've seen.

Either that or they think they won't need it if they get some bolt-ons.

Oh, and your friend needs to shop around. I could get shorty tube headers for my 460 for under 500 bucks, I'll get my header-backs done for a couple hundred (already bought "mufflers"), and I got both my intake and carb for 230 apiece.

When he was getting name brand parts for the LS1, everything he found was right around $800 and up.

Ah, I see. brand name + LS1 = teh $$$

The LS1 is a solid engine, but I would like to see an LS7 sitting in my garage. :drool:

Quoted post[/post]]
Ah, I see. brand name + LS1 = teh $$$

The LS1 is a solid engine, but I would like to see an LS7 sitting in my garage. :drool:

Well he had a '96 Trans Am coupe w/ T tops and automatic tranny, so the LS7 wasn't even on the market at the time the car was made.

He sold the car off the other year for an older Ford 250 that had a fuckton of work done to it.

The interesting part about the car was that he sold it primarily because it was automatic, other reasons like the car fairing terrible in the winter with a 70/30 weight distribution, and being a cop magnet (local cops weren't a problem, but cops who didn't know him were).

He had traded a 89 Fox Body that had a ton of work done on it, and looked like the Knight Rider car with a huge ass hood scoop straight up for the Trans Am; blue book value wise he cashed in on the deal completely because the guy really, really wanted his car.

it was a '96? I thought they still had the LT1 in '96. Either that or '96 was the first year of the LS1. I don't remember.

Point being, yes, LT1/LS1 chassis-specific parts are spendy.

And yeah that weight distribution had to suck. That's why my Z will most likely never see winter driving.

most domestic guys won't touch turbos for two reasons...

one, look into the cost for a twin turbo setup for a v8, its bastardly expensive...
and 2, the v8's can easily put out well over 500 hp with an FMU and a supercharger, and then have the torque and extra power to not be so concerned with the parasitic loss

and my friend got a complete header back 3" flowmaster set for 600 bucks...

stop eating chocolate...

or wash your face more often
lol

have you been eating fried chicken and wiping your hands on your face?
or fried anything for that matter?

last time i was down south there was a million and one fried chicken places, but that could have just been the area i was in...

1. Chocolate has no link to acne. Peanut oil has a direct link (In fact, when it comes to diet, ONLY nuts and nut oils give acne. Cut the nut oils out of your diet completely and watch what happens)

2. I am an obsessive / compulsive hand and face washer. My break-outs this year have been from stress.

3. Nothing fried when I'm away from home. Fried foods make me "Not feel so good" and thus I avoid them at all costs when on the road. I have been eating lots of whole grain breadstuffs, deli sandwiches and chicken salads. Outside of the pop-tart on Sunday at the airport.

Something about this place, man.. I'm tellin ya - everyone here has acne ! Even really older people !

-> S

Sooo, the stang you are driving is the V6? in Part 1 you said it was a V8

oh yea, and when i was there i started breaking out like crazy too. I thnk it also has to do with the humidity there.

okay, when you say "big V8," it means big displacement, it has nothing to do with power. in fact it usually has to do with gobs and gobs of torque. which, is what the real muscle cars had, lots of torque; there were some with lots of hp too, but the torque was always on top. that's why i say that there are no real muscle cars today, because the engines are smaller (because they can be smaller now with technology and tuning) and thus have less torque.

besides, the mustang was originally designed for secretaries. it was a car designed to attract women; consequently, 80% of the people i see driving mustangs are women. it wasn't till Carroll Shelby came along that the mustang had performance. the execs at ford had no want for a sports/muscle car out of the mustang, but Shelby saved it and gave it a namesake.

Are you the same one who started shit in the other thread, about this whole "muscle car" thing? Just give it a break, get over it, and take a hint. Nobody gives a flying fuck.

We were having a fine dandy time making fun of Steve for being blind, but you had to go ruiiiin it all, didn't you?

:p

Back