Which engine do you guys prefer to turbo LS or gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

japspec01

I just wanted to get a better understanding on which engine you guys think would be a better choice to turbo. I can understand why a high compression engine block would benefit from a vtec head. from what I learned the smaller cam lobes allow the engine to idle better,burn less fuel, and increase low end tourqe. The bigger cam lobes allow for all that 12.5:1 compression to get into the combustion chamber making it a fun ride. I'm yet to understand why alot of people want to turbo their gsr engines. Wouldn't it be better to turbo a ls?

At 10psi or less, with good fuel tuning, GSR internals are fine. Even with 10:1 compression. Plus, the GSR cams are perfect for boost. VTEC + boost is fun because not only you get the extra charge from the turbo, but the big lobes flow that extra air 10000000000000 times better. Plus, the LS head can't flow for shit from the factory.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Apr 5 2004, 08:22 PM
At 10psi or less, with good fuel tuning, GSR internals are fine. Even with 10:1 compression. Plus, the GSR cams are perfect for boost. VTEC + boost is fun because not only you get the extra charge from the turbo, but the big lobes flow that extra air 10000000000000 times better. Plus, the LS head can't flow for shit from the factory.

:werd:

and on that note of 10 psi, looky look here and here*
good luck making that power with stock bottom end and LS cams running 10 psi.

* only at 9:1 CR too :)

We did 2 similar motors. 1 LS, the other one GSR.

The LS made 260 WHP with alot of torque at 10 PSI, and the GSR did 322 WHP with a little less torque at 10 PSI.

Thats 62 WHP from VTEC.

Jeff

Back