Which Engine Help Me Pick!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fwddrag

I was wondering if anyone out there has a h22 in a 88-91 civic hb or crx cause i am debating on what engine to get. B16a1 , h22a , ZCD , GSR, i am going to turbo the engine so if someone could let me know which would be the best engine to get. If any one has swap any of those engine in a 88-91 civic or crx and has times (1/4) can they please post them. And if you want you can just post your times on any car/ engine, just to get it out. Thanks

h22? your breaking axles and no traction....B16, low torque......ZC, good luck.......GSR, ITR PERFECT!

uhhh, more like ZC = perfect fit, GSR, ITR = good luck. Hello and welcome to on board diagnostics

ZC is a little more easier to hook up because OBD......but "he's talkin about power!" so GSR or ITR......just have to do wire rerouting...

I know if i go H22 i need a obd 1 and the hasport mounts and ecu conv. I would need anythign for the tranny would i. I was really looking for the best turbo set up. I really dont care how hard it is to put in, i know all of that stuff. Thanks

aight.....let's talk power, i've seen H22 in crx's before, but they are powered by a TRACTION CONTROL UNIT. so if your thinkin about H22, go for it. But about the tranny, yes you need everything for the tranny, but i'm not so sure about the shift iinkage, so try to find that out.

So i know most power would be the h22 but i really dont think i could go anywhere with a turbo on it. My tires wouldnt get traction even slicks. Is a gsr turbo better then a b16a1 turbo. Just finding out what is the better turbo. Cost has nothing to do with it right now. Thanks. Just give me all info you guys got on any swaps in a 88-91 civic/crx thanks.

h22 does not do well with turbo. Its thin cylinder walls dont like the heat.

Drop a gsr motor in it and youll be happy.. a guy i know in Atl has one in his hatch and it flies...

So the best so far would be a gsr turbo. How about type rs i hear that they arent good with turbos either. What is the best engine to turbo? GSR? thanks

with the right tuning gsr is the best with turbo. ls turbo is a good choice also not as good but more
user friendly and cheaper.

GET a 90-93 ls motor with a 90-91 ls ecu and all u need is motor mounts and shiftlinkage and u have to have a si harness. pretty easy, some other things but this is the basics :ph34r:

Your throwing out codes like my ecu! H22, B16, B18a/b/c1/5, anythings possible its all a matter of how much youre willing to spend. You say moneys not a problem and if thats the case and you "know all that stuff" then why dont you just get a built 454, blow it, and stick that bitch in there? If cost was not a big issue than you could call up any shop and say build me something that runs 9s and theyd do it. Give us a price tag and we can give you a straight answer otherwise we can feed you fantasies all day long.
on a realistic budget get a b16, boost it with good fuel managment and run twelves on slicks. tah-dah. It can be done for 6000 NO PROBLEM.

Back