Which engine should I drop in

Which engine should I drop in

• b18c5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • b

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectxspeed

I am looking to upgrade my car's performance. Spring is right around the corner The car is still going to be my daily driver, so it will keep a full interior and need to be streetable. I like to drag mostly, but I would like to do a lil bit of autoX too.

:lol: , it depends on budget. it would help if we had a 'lil more info. on no budget, the ITR would be the swap of choice. but if you were maybe plannin' on boosting in the future the GSR might be a better idea. or maybe if you're on a limited budget, you might be limited to the b16.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 25 2004, 05:51 AM
don't but a b16a in a teg. the ls is probably faster.

other than that, budget

The teg chassi is heavier than the Civic chassi and the B16A is designed for a civic . . . stick with the integra motors.

Cost is an issue, but I am willing to wait if everyone leans towards the ITR. My application is N/A. I do not plan to boost this setup.

turn that biatch into an LS/VTEC. Around $400 for the head and $150 on a bad day for the ECU, and if your really classy a braided oil/vtec kit for another $75. You'll have to machine the dowel pin holes and your in VTEC bliss. upgrades are up to you, i'm sure you can find some guides on this site to turn it into a frankenstein beast for cheaper than you think. ;)

ahhhaaa! an addition from Turbo Mag:
If your going to do it, use an oil pump from a GSR or B16A. "Installing the B18B requires modification of the dowel area on the B16 head and an oil supply source for the VTEC solenoid."
Prior Hp: 145.3 (@ wheels)
Prior Tq: 111.5 (@ wheels)

New Hp: 159.7 (@ wheels)
New Tq: 123.8 (@ wheels)
you can figure a 17% loss in the drivetrain of power.

it doesn't seem like that much of a gain but that's PEAK hp. you should see these dyno charts! Tq and Hp Skyrocket at VTEC activation! all that Hp is made around 7300rpm and Tq around 5000 rpm, where you need it most.

If you can save for the most expensive without too many problems then just save a bit longer.

Back