which hoods fis B18C in 4g EF (hasport mounts)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DubDub

Has anyone ordered a cowl hood from Fibre Images for an 89 civic? Does it have clearance. What other carbon fibre hoods will fit an EF with a B18C and Hasport Mount kit??

Originally posted by MugenCRX@Sep 21 2004, 09:37 PM
ZC
[post=393247]Quoted post[/post]​

I have a CF ZC from VIS racing at home, but it doesn't fit. the hump provides clearance for the timing belt cover but not the whole valve cover or distributor cap.

Originally posted by DubDub+Sep 22 2004, 08:57 AM-->
@Sep 21 2004, 09:37 PM
ZC

I have a CF ZC from VIS racing at home, but it doesn't fit. the hump provides clearance for the timing belt cover but not the whole valve cover or distributor cap.
[post=393418]Quoted post[/post]​

Can you cut out any of the underskeleton of the hood to fit the valve cover. If not, are you interested in selling the hood if you have to buy a new one?

Originally posted by MugenCRX+Sep 22 2004, 10:13 PM-->
Originally posted by DubDub@Sep 22 2004, 08:57 AM
MugenCRX
ZC

Can you cut out any of the underskeleton of the hood to fit the valve cover. If not, are you interested in selling the hood if you have to buy a new one?
[post=393716]Quoted post[/post]​

I decided to order a SIR cowl hood from Fibre Images. I didn't want to have to cut anything off a beautiful hood like this one! I was going to just trade it in when my SIR hood shows up in 10-15 days and just pay the differance (too long to wait though). I paid just over seven bills for it. You can probably get a better deal else where. Let me know, maybe its better if I trade up??

If you paid $700 for a hood, you got RAPED!!

I could get a full fiberglass front end for right around that price.

Good luck with your car though. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by DubDub+Sep 23 2004, 09:17 AM-->
Originally posted by MugenCRX@Sep 22 2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by DubDub@Sep 22 2004, 08:57 AM
MugenCRX
ZC

[post=393716]Quoted post[/post]​

I decided to order a SIR cowl hood from Fibre Images. I didn't want to have to cut anything off a beautiful hood like this one! I was going to just trade it in when my SIR hood shows up in 10-15 days and just pay the differance (too long to wait though). I paid just over seven bills for it. You can probably get a better deal else where. Let me know, maybe its better if I trade up??
[post=393876]Quoted post[/post]​

does this hood fit with usdm front or do you have to get jdm sir front?
I need a new hood.

[does this hood fit with usdm front or do you have to get jdm sir front?
I need a new hood.
[post=395816]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
The Fibre Images SIR Cowl hood does evidently fit US front ends. I'm still waiting for mine because they are made after they are ordered, but I have been re-assured of its quality. Although I'm getting "raped" in Canadian funds apparently, I cant wait for it to arrive. It sucks driving with an open hood!!

My buddies stock hood fit his GSR swap in his CRX, we had to remove a small piece of the hood webbing, but then we just removed it all, and the hood weighs less than my buddies new VIS carbon hood.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Sep 28 2004, 06:35 PM
My buddies stock hood fit his GSR swap in his CRX, we had to remove a small piece of the hood webbing, but then we just removed it all, and the hood weighs less than my buddies new VIS carbon hood.
[post=395922]Quoted post[/post]​

yea we did this to clear clear hood with my b16b we cut the shit off now my hood folds into two peace lol.

so be carefull when u cut the webbing.. :)

Back