which is better

• Thread starter Thread starter Kolumbo69
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 1K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kolumbo69

i dont which is a better deal i b16a full swap for 1499 or a teg b16a complete change over for 1799 160 to 170 so i gues is 10hp worth 300 dollars

last i checked the XSi didnt have 170hp. The 170hp is the second gen b16a from a 92-95 SiRII Civic obd1. Just get the SiR swap, it comes with a PR3 ecu which i like more than the PW0 from the XSi and they are both 160hp

what else will a need to buy if its a complete change over just motormounts

Supposedly, if the serial number of the block starts with a 5 (ie.5xxxxxxxx) it is rated at 170 HP. If it starts with a 1 (ie. 1xxxxxx) it is rated at160 HP. When I bought my first B16A1 at Nippon motors, they only had the 5 million series motors and they charged me $100 more. It was a strong motor, still is. Anyhow definatley go PR3 and check nippon motors for engines also.

hmotors online is a first rate company. I bought my SiR swap (JDM B16) from them and a freind bought the second gen 170hp for his swap. Steve is very good to work with and had the best freight rates . I also bought my HASPORT mounts and shift linkage from hmotors and got a very big discount. Ask him about this.
I bought the LSD trans which I had to wait about 7 weeks for but was well worth it.
Pappy

PS... food for thought: every 100 lbs of weight reduction is the performance equivilent of about a 10hp gain. :huh:

thanx man ill email you for sure and ill check for engines at nippon to one problem that might be a stick in the mud is i live in canada but well see

YEAH www.Hmotorsonline.com is a good place to shop i now him personally and if your getting the complete change over, he will sell the hasport shiftlinkage for $50Usd and the Hasport motor mounts for $350USD over the retail wich goes for $450.00USD thats a big saving I know. Oh and remember he also carries the VTEC wiring from hasport for $50.00 USD also just to make the swap alot less of a hassle. I hope he still has these prices that im telling you dontquote me tho.
TELL HIM ROBERT FROM HOLLYWOOD REFERD YOU and you shall get good treatment.

bahha.

fuckin get the 92-93 b16a from the xsi comes with a better tranny motor and shit OBd1

ys1 tranny some fuckin come with LSD :P

also if your tranny is fucked up u can use usdm parts from 92-93 GSR
also 170HP :sleep:

also both are PR3 lol
one is pr3 obd1
and one is pr3 obd0

:worthy:

doesn't mean if you have 5million series its 170HP also :sleep:

first, i'd like to clear up some confusion here...

i have a 92 XSi motor... i bought it from hmotors. i went down to pick it up, and got to look around.

if you look at the website, they say it's a 170 hp motor. this is because the motor i have is from a 92 integra XSi (obd0 SiR-1 motors are 88-91) so, it makes it a second gen SiR-2 motor. (in essence)

my motor came with a YS1 transmission, and a PR3 ecu. (obd1)

so, depending on what you're doing, i chose the XSi motor so that i could at least say my motor came from an integra. you'll also see on hmotorsonline.com that the SiR-2 motor is the same price. if you're near, i suggest you go down there... steve is a nice guy... and so are his employees. they gave me some freebies... just for making the trip.

i hope this clears up any confusion people have about the XSi motor. I did a whole bunch of research before i got this motor... and if you're thinking of doing a 1st gen b16 swap in an obd0 car, in order to save money, go with the 1st gen SiR motor, tranny and ecu, it's only 1250.

:)

If you live in canada, order from osakajdmmotors.com their located in canada.

Back