which manual?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

luVTEC

hey guys,

I just bought a 93 civic cx and I'm looking to get a good automotive manual, which ones do you use most often? Helms? Haynes? I'm not shure what kind to get or does it even matter?

Thanks,

helms or a genuine honda service manual... I have an acura service manual for my integra, im lookin to get one for my CRX

Originally posted by SpodaB1@May 15 2004, 10:42 PM
helms or a genuine honda service manual... I have an acura service manual for my integra, im lookin to get one for my CRX

helms is the offical OEM service manual

I have used them all from Alldata (a HUGE shop manual on like 7 DVD discs of basicly any car ever made) to helms, chiltons, hynes, and out of all them helms is the best. They are extremly easy to follow when your working. Some of the other manual write in a novel type format, and it SUCKS. When I am over a car, I dont want to pull out my reading glasses and try and read through 8 paragraphs worth of stuff. The Helms is all step by step.

Only gripe that I have about it, it doesn't have a table of contents.

Helms is definately the way to go...the whole NOT having an index is a downfall...but over all it's the best manual i've ever used.

Originally posted by asmallsol@May 16 2004, 03:57 AM
The Helms is all step by step.

Only gripe that I have about it, it doesn't have a table of contents.

Holy shit that drives me nuts. That is the big fault in Helms.

But Haynes are ok because they use photos, and have a fairly decent amount of info, Chiltons sucks bcause it is toooo broad, I mean the Civic manual cover three different cars (CRX, Civic, Del Sol), and from 84-95, and all models of each, and it's about a third as thick as the Helms for one year and model.

Back