which radiators fit?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm swapping in a b18c in my 90 crx, and I'm looking for a descent radiator to fit. I was looking at civic and integra radiators and I would like to know if they fit ok without much modifacation. Particularly, if I can use 90-93 integra hoses with a civic radiator? I can make myself a new radiator support, but I'd really like to know the fit issues of a civic radiator in a crx.

if you dont mind me asking what wrong with the radiator thats for your car?

92&up radiators are a little too tall, you wanna go old school, pre 88 same still as 92, just shorter. you also wanna make sure that you will have enough cooling power for the b series...

:eek: 350$ arnt good b-seires radiators pretty high performance?

I know fluidyne ratiators are the shiat but do they blow a GSR or type-r radiotor out of the water or what?

I think the fluidynes have a higher coolant capacity than stock. They are better quality built than oem, meaning the welds are usually better, and they are made for specific models. This guy won't have to hack his crx trying to get another car's radiator to fit, it will bolt right in the stock location. It saves nig rigging it in exchange for a few bucks, and you get a kickass good looking radiatoe and a few stickers to slap on stuff in the garage.

you can throw almost any honda radiator in there, but if you want to save on cost, i would recommend a full size integra or accord radiator, you just need to custom fab some mounts, with is super easy.

Instead of everyone telling him what to buy as far as aftermarket goes, why dont we answer his question. Yes 90-93 Integra Radiators fit, as do 92-95 they are a little too tall. There ya go. ef9civicgen4 is using an Integra radiator. shortbusrebel is using his OEM radiator that came with the hatch. Neither have cooling problems.

So just stick with the stock radiator. With the 90-93 Integra radiator only one of your stock mounts line up. Thank you have a great day!

i still say go with the Teg one, you will get wayy better cooling, and custom mounting radiators is super super easy

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Apr 6 2004, 09:30 PM
i still say go with the Teg one, you will get wayy better cooling, and custom mounting radiators is super super easy

how so? the stock civic on cools a b16 just as well as an Integra radiator. Just ask shortbusrebel07, he's using his stock Civic radiator and doesnt have any problems whatsoever.

Originally posted by SpodaB1+Apr 6 2004, 11:16 PM-->
Smonkeyboy
@Apr 6 2004, 09:30 PM

how so? the stock civic on cools a b16 just as well as an Integra radiator. Just ask shortbusrebel07, he's using his stock Civic radiator and doesnt have any problems whatsoever.

it depends on what your doing. If your just using your car as a daily driver, a stock civic radiatior will be fine. I ran a stock civic one for about 3 months with a GSR swap. I had an integra radiator lying around and decided to throw it in. With a little welding of some brackets, it fits, and now should have no problem with cooling.

If your planning on doing any long term constant abuse to your car like road racing, your going to want to upgrade to something that cools better.

get a Del Sol Vtec dual core radiator. thats wut i am using in my 400whp b16 swap. and thats wut my boy used in his swap for his b18c1 swap. good luck
Tyler

Dochh22a4 has an Accord V-6 radiator in his GSR-EG and the radiator flows more water than his motor does, its literally impossible to overheat.

as far as cooling goes, you cant go too far, even for a daily driver, i wouldnt use the stock civic pint-sized radiator if i swapped anything, i would definately use a new one. fact of the matter is, you cant have a radiator that is too big for your application. i might use a fluidine replacement, but that is a HUGE upgrade from stock, switchin from a 1.6 single cam motor to a 1.8 dual cam with that dinky radiator would just be asking for problems in the long run.

and dont give me any of that "Kenny Trans 895hp drag civic uses a stock sized radiator", cause race applications like that are all 1-off units.

bang for the buck, picking up a used 90-93 integra i can guarantee will make your motor last longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back