Which Speedo Cable?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

inspecta83

im wrapping up my b18b1 swap into a crx. i tried to hook up the speedometer cable today, but it seems to be too short. i am using the crx speedometer cable and was wondering....is the speedometer cable from the integra longer, and would it reach? or are they all the same size and i am just not hooking it up correctly?

thanks

i had this same problem with my b18c swap in my crx. the cable kept snapping. if you go to advanced auto parts, buy a speedo cable for the 1991 CRX si. that cable should fit your car and is plenty long enough. also another problem i had with it was it kept snapping. this was because where it hooks into the tranny, the engine bracket is right overtop of it and it was bent too much, you cant do that with speedo cables. anywhoo, what i did was drill a hole in the bracket so the cable would fit through and go straight down to where it hooks in. hope i helped, and whatever you do, dont make sharp turns in the cable, you want as wide turns as possible, or else it wont last long.

thanks for the input....the speedo cable that i was trying to make work was from a 1991 crx si... :( ....so, does this mean im screwed?

no you shouldnt be, but if it doesnt fit, go buy one from advance auto. maybe the one they get is a bit longer than the OEM counterpart. all i know is i got two cables from there and when i put it in i had plenty of cable to spare, at least a few inches.

make sure it's going DIRECTLY to the tranny. Not swinging around any hoses, or wire looms or anything. Directly from the firewall to the tranny, only.

I'm still using my Stock 91 Si cable on my B16a swap.

Back