Which to buy? Cherokee or Grand Cherokee??

So which one?

• The tough looking boxy Chero

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Sep 1 2005, 12:44 AM
Jeeps arent worth owning unless you swap or it starts life with a 258 - 4speed
[post=548174]Quoted post[/post]​

I'll give props to the new generation of wranglers... Dana 44's, electric lockers, 6 speeds, 3" lift and 31's all under warranty... thats sexy

However I second your oppinion on the 258, built like a brick shithouse and makes pretty decent power.

As for swaps into jeeps, its got to be one of the easiest fuckers to work on when you get the CJ's, pull the hood and front fenders off and your basically working with a frame. Friend of mine put a 427 out of his older brothers dragster into his CJ5 in about a summer. Had to fab everything but nothing was all that complicated. Completely rewired the whole thing in a weekend and has one of the scariest things I've ever ridden in.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Sep 1 2005, 09:41 PM
Buy a real jeep. Wrangler. softtop.
[post=548542]Quoted post[/post]​

::cough cough:: TECHNICALLY (please give this the nerdiest sound you possibly can while reading it) a Wrangler would not be considered a quote-unquote REAL Jeep due to the fact that it is made by Daimler-Chrysler, and strays from the original ideals of the Jeep name. The entire CJ series was never referred to (nor should they be now) Wranglers. If you want to be even MORE technical you can say CJ's are not real Jeep's because....

fuck it, :withstupid: buy a wrangler, soft-top for summer, but get the hardtop for winter, especially if your in the north, it'll keep your heat in a lot better, and, well, thats all that really matters in the winter.

Disclaimer to those who dont believe in me: Yes, back when I owned my jeep I would more than willingly drive that bitch to school topless/doorless in the dead of winter. Hell, first snow (IF it snowed that year) I would always take it down bare and go drive around. Refreshing to say the least.

the body guy at my old shop had this CJ and he NEVER had a roof on it. EVER. Snow, rain, did not matter. He wore a hat.

-> St

Originally posted by Celerity+Sep 1 2005, 11:59 PM-->
the body guy at my old shop had this CJ and he NEVER had a roof on it. EVER. Snow, rain, did not matter. He wore a hat.

-> St
[post=548613]Quoted post[/post]​
Been there
Battle Pope
@Sep 2 2005, 12:38 AM
rhino liner and drain plugs are a man's best friend.
[post=548623]Quoted post[/post]​

...and thats how

258- 4speed CJ5 NO TOP!!! 33x12.50s and SOA conversion....

mmmm I miss that beast.... fucking minivan soccer moms....

i think the 600 lbs must've been taken out of rear legroom. if you want your passengers to be happy, get the grand cherokee..... if you don't car/won't have passengers, may as well get the cherokee for weight savings/smaller size/better mobility.

my vote..... grand cherokee...

my buddys mom has an Overland. not even funny how many cars we destroy on the street with 4 or 5 people in teh car. 300lb/ft of torque . yes please

the Commander is a little piggy:

Fuel economy, estimated City/highway
3.7-liter V6 16/19
4.7-liter V8 14/19
5.7-liter HEMI® V8 13/18

Damn.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Sep 2 2005, 05:00 PM
my vote..... grand cherokee...

my buddys mom has an Overland. not even funny how many cars we destroy on the street with 4 or 5 people in teh car. 300lb/ft of torque . yes please
[post=548987]Quoted post[/post]​

hahahaha only 300? :ph34r:

Well.... I searched high and low. I looked at cherokees all over the place. Up to 300 miles from my house. Nothing like what I was looking for. I drove nice clean 4x4's.. Something was missing... Then I found it. The perfect jeep.

I'll get pics in the morning, when there is light outside..

oh the suspense!!

Here it is!

phantom.jpg

I looked at several jeeps. I drove several. And they just didn't make me smile. But this... This made me smile.
A Phantom Gray Pearl 1992 Civic CX hatch. Slowest car I've ever owned!

That'll be remidied soon. But in the mean time, it gets something like 42 mpg! I can haul the kids in it, as well..

Dude, you gave me some serious blue balls off this one, first a Cherokee/GC discussion, turned into serious off-road Toyotas... and you bought a CX

sigh

Originally posted by wanderinman@Sep 3 2005, 09:36 PM
Dude, you gave me some serious blue balls off this one, first a Cherokee/GC discussion, turned into serious off-road Toyotas... and you bought a CX

sigh
[post=549309]Quoted post[/post]​

While I was shopping gas jumped like 70 cents and isn't supposed to go back down. ever. That played the biggest role. Besides, I've always loved the look of the 92-95 hatchies, and it makes a great replacement for my crx. I needed something that I could haul kids in, and got it.. And will still enjoy sleek looks and killer gas milage. Jeep couldn't offer that.

Sorry for the blue balls... I just couldn't find the perfect jeep.

Back