Which Valves, Valve Springs and Retainers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ger_Mugen_Civic

Hi,

i want to buy me new Valves, Valve Springs and Retainers.

I will go to Skunk2 Stage 2, Toda B or Jun Type 2.

In Germany you can buy nowhere Valves, Valve Springs and Retainers ;(.

But i have find some good Shops in the USA, who send to germany to.
But i dont no which Valves, Valve Springs and Retainers i should take.

I think the highest RPM i would you is 9000-9500.

I want to buy from SuperTech, REV or KMS.

What do you think about this?

Thanks a lot

Where you at in Germany? I'm here too.There are a couple places that sell stuff like that, http://www.nnomo-racing.com is over near France, and they sell some stuff, authorized Spoon, Mugen dealer I believe. Lots of rice on website, but they have built some of Germanys fastest street Hondas.

Hi,

im from Berlin.

Nnomo (and of course Idol and Rikli) makes sure good work.
But I think they are to expensive.
Only Skunk2 Valve Springs will cost $850 :( .

I will get all much cheaper in the USA.
But i dont know with KMS, Supertech or REV? :blink:

Thanks

If you do decide on a manufacturer try to be consistent and stick with one manufacturer....... If you decide to use Skunk2, get their valves, retainers, springs, cams from just the one manufacturer.
Some maunfactuers only build parts that can only be used with only their products, example: you might not get optimal performance with JUN cams if you use Skunk2 springs....IMO if you decide to co-mingle parts together call up the manufacturers and ask them if their parts are compatible with others......Skunk2 and TODA are very good and is worth checking....I've heard alot of people complain about JUN cams breaking so they might not be a good idea.

valves I wouldn't really worry about,,,,,retainers and springs a must when upgrading to high lift cams.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Mar 27 2004, 10:23 PM
valves I wouldn't really worry about,,,,,retainers and springs a must when upgrading to high lift cams.

Exactly, I wouldn't waste the money on new valves, unless a total rebuild with some good head work was happening.

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Mar 28 2004, 09:11 AM
92b16vx what you mean a "good head work" ?

I mean a flowbench port job, and cuts made for the valves your replacing, so they seat right.

Originally posted by uptowng2ic@Mar 27 2004, 04:17 PM
If you do decide on a manufacturer try to be consistent and stick with one manufacturer....... If you decide to use Skunk2, get their valves, retainers, springs, cams from just the one manufacturer.

Hi,

first, thanks for your help ;).

I think i want to go to Toda.
But i had never seen Toda Retainers.....

Had anybody heard something about SuperTech, REV or KMS Springs and Retainers?

Thanks again :worthy:

Back