Which WRC Champ?

• Evolution 8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WRX

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

It seems to me that rally cars are having some what a craze trend and the market is following suit. It started when Subaru took a chance and brought in the "feeble" 227hp WRX (it was a lot then, but not now) and Mitsubishi followed with its 271hp Evolution 8. Now everyone is in love with it, but Subaru countered with the STi WRX with a whooping 300hp. This seems like the start of another great "Horsepower War," don't you agree? Will other companines follow? We might get lucky and see the "real" Focus come over with it's Cosworth motor and other companies bringing in their own "street-rally" car, respectively. Anyway, not to stray from the topic; which would you prefer as of now? A WRX that will be modified yourself with the extra $5k or so you save from buying either the STi or Evo.8? Or the Evo. 8? Or the big dawg as of now, the STi?

But the thing is, the new STI is not the STI the rest of the world is getting. Our's is going to be a 2.5 liter engine (higher displacement then the ralley version) vs everyone else 2.0 version. Not sure how they compare head to head. It would be great if more companys would bring ralley cars over here. GM could bring an OPEL, who ever owns Pegoute or however you spell it should bring one of those over. Those cars are bad ass

its all about citroen, bad ass rally cars. f the scoobies and the lancers :)

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 8 2003, 02:42 PM
But the thing is, the new STI is not the STI the rest of the world is getting. Our's is going to be a 2.5 liter engine (higher displacement then the ralley version) vs everyone else 2.0 version. Not sure how they compare head to head. It would be great if more companys would bring ralley cars over here. GM could bring an OPEL, who ever owns Pegoute or however you spell it should bring one of those over. Those cars are bad ass

its peugot, and i agree the peugot 206 is badass

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Apr 8 2003, 04:34 PM
its peugot, and i agree the peugot 206 is badass

:werd:

its actually peugeot ;)

and yes the 206 is the sickest car on the WRC circuit

2067.jpg

Too bad it's not much in the looks department....it looks like it was styled by someone who got fired from Subie for being a little TOO ugly. :p :D

:(
i like it

but i like small cars
i own a del sol and a MX3 gs
one of my favorite cars is the lotus elise or exige

I guess I'm just not really a fan of real tiny cars like the Civic hatch. I know, I could get my Honda badges stripped away from me for saying something like that. :) Maybe it's cuz I'm 6'3" and I'd have to take the driver's seat out like Hightower did in Police Academy to be able to drive the damn things.

Oh man, I love playing Ralli Sport Challenge on XBox. Anyways, STi rocks

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 8 2003, 02:42 PM

Its French and they have a piss poor reputation on DD's

I'd say a WRX w/ 5k. Lancers are alright, I don't like the look of the new STI's. I would rather get like a 2000 WRX Impreza, some bronze TE-37's and upgraded turbo.

Back