Who doesnt want a GTR?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have driven the first generation GTR in the states and have driven 2 vettes. GTR's a big and feel heavy at first but that damn godzirra pulls like a motha. Corvette sucked harder than Jeffies baby sucking his empty bottle

Good or bad suck?

And the new one is tits.

my buddy has a c6 with the ls2 in it. its quick as hell, but yeah, it feels HUGE on the road. i don't think i'd ever feel comfortable driving it near the limit.

another dream car of mine, maybe more drool worthy than a brand new GTR.... put a corvette motor in a FD RX7. anyone ever visit norotors.com?

my buddy has a c6 with the ls2 in it. its quick as hell, but yeah, it feels HUGE on the road. i don't think i'd ever feel comfortable driving it near the limit.
The base C6 is only 2.5" wider than your old M3; 2.3" shorter front-to-back; 4.9" shorter ground-to-sky

In fact, the gross volume of a base C6 is 27 ft^3 less than the gross volume of a 2006 M3...

Last edited:
vettes do have a strange feel. very low seating position in a low car. they feel very wide. but whatever i could get used to it, ive even considered buying a used one, i just hate there are so many vettes on the road. in my area its all old people, and man do they love corvettes. I still like the way japanese cars look, feel, smell, etc. the best.

i think the biggest difference is in the fact that the seating area is so much further back in the vette than the other car.
majority of the car is hood, then cockpit, then tiny trunk. cars seem much bigger to drive when over half of its length is in front of you as opposed to being more 50/50 or rear heavy.

Good or bad suck?

And the new one is tits.

the new is one of the sexiest looks they've ever come up with but that only proves you can polish a turd. AMAZING motor. it's just the build quality that kills me. if GM took a fraction of the GTR's designers engineers in regard to interior or body structure they'd have a decent car. it's like every corvette I've sat in (except new one, haven't gone yet) seems to have cheap panels, creeks and sounds after a mere 1 or 2 years of use.

I mean, they look cool and when they're already rolling they are a beast on a straight line. but's all about it for me. For the money there certainly are better cars than this.

I guess I can finally answer the OP's question. I'd certainly own one if I had the money to piss but i'm I think I'd rather build a 100k car instead. then again, people who can afford a GTR usually already have a nice house, a hot chick, other toys, etc.

I mean, they look cool and when they're already rolling they are a beast on a straight line. but's all about it for me....
Are you seriously suggesting they can't hang in the curves? Look at the Nürburgring lap times.

List of Nürburgring Nordschleife lap times

Once you get past the "track packaged" and limited production uber exotic cars what do you see? Corvettes ahead of Porches, Masseratis, ferraris, Paganis, Koenigseggs, and yes, even your highly praised GTR. Hell even the 2014 Z/28 isnt lagging too far behind the GTR's 2011 time. So obviously people that know a hell of a lot more than you would disagree. That being said, maybe it is "about all it is, for you..." Learn to drive in the bends without AWD mofo! :p

And with. o_O

Radical SR8 FTMFW!!!!!

89de0ee3-119f-4627-aa8d-0bd859a2f660.jpg

Interesting that the C6 Z07 is only 3 seconds slower than the C6 ZR1...

the new is one of the sexiest looks they've ever come up with but that only proves you can polish a turd. AMAZING motor. it's just the build quality that kills me. if GM took a fraction of the GTR's designers engineers in regard to interior or body structure they'd have a decent car. it's like every corvette I've sat in (except new one, haven't gone yet) seems to have cheap panels, creeks and sounds after a mere 1 or 2 years of use.

I mean, they look cool and when they're already rolling they are a beast on a straight line. but's all about it for me. For the money there certainly are better cars than this.
You are 100% wrong in this account. New car vs new car, there is nothing in the price range of the Corvette that has better handling prowess, acceleration, and braking. You simply cannot argue that the Corvette is not the best bang-for-the-buck proposition available in a new car.

Also, the ZR1 is a good bit heavier than the Z06.

Last edited:
but it lacks in all other departments....

like rarity
head turning
stigmata

tell someone you have a vette, no one cares
drive by a vette on the road, no one looks twice

come by in a f430, people look.

You are 100% wrong in this account. New car vs new car, there is nothing in the price range of the Corvette that has better handling prowess, acceleration, and braking. You simply cannot argue that the Corvette is the best bang-for-the-buck proposition available in a new car.
Agree 100%
but it lacks in all other departments....

like rarity
head turning
stigmata

tell someone you have a vette, no one cares
drive by a vette on the road, no one looks twice

come by in a f430, people look.

F430 makes holes in your hands? Ouch...

Back